Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   SFE Package (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299619)

12FociSE 10-11-2012 04:18 PM

SFE Package

I'm wondering how many SE owners who have an SE Focus have the SFE package installed without it being posted on the window sticker? I discovered mine has the package installed today.

suss6052 10-11-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12FociSE (Post 4399953)
I'm wondering how many SE owners who have an SE Focus have the SFE package installed without it being posted on the window sticker? I discovered mine has the package installed today.

What do you mean you have the SFE package but nothing on the window sticker?

Are your tires the LRR contiprotouring tires instead of the contiprocontact tires?

Do you have rear disk brakes but steel wheels with the aero hub caps, or just the standard snow flake hubcaps?

Do you mean you have the active grille shutters? Those do not signify the SE-SFE package (well they did initially, but they were planning on rolling those across all models eventually, and sometime in late Job 1 they had done so, and it was official for Job 2 builds (which yours isn't if its Kona Blue as that color ended production early in June 2011 due to the Tsunami in Japan making the paint hard to come by.) Job 2 cars were built after 3/5/12.

If you take your vin and post it to etis.ford.com you can search under vehicle and find every feature the car came with when it was built and even find the exact build date if you didn't already know it.

sgmfocus 10-11-2012 05:35 PM

sfe package has contitouringcontact tires, it will show up on Etis as fuel economy package, each item also listed seperately 16" aero wheel covers,kysor radiator shutter, rear disc brakes ,ECO badge

cobie56 10-11-2012 06:45 PM

@suss6052
I have an sel, build date of may 11 and i have the active grill shutters. Were u, perhaps, speaking of only certain trim levels?

suss6052 10-11-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobie56 (Post 4400167)
@suss6052
I have an sel, build date of may 11 and i have the active grill shutters. Were u, perhaps, speaking of only certain trim levels?

No, although they were assuming that they have an SE SFE without it showing up on the window sticker, so I asked them what they thought made it an SE-SFE.

The initial press materials only mentioned the SE SFE package as having the active grille shutters, however even at the initial launch it was not true. In cold weather states, and other locations on most models above the S during the Job 1 builds they started to roll out the active grille shutters across the rest of the line up.

So I never said it was impossible for a Job 1 SEL to have active grille shutters, but to assume it was an SFE based solely upon having them is a false assumption.

My 4/23/12 build Job 2 SEL has the active grille shutters.

12FociSE 10-12-2012 05:58 AM

I have a standard SE w/ stock 16 hubcaps. The reason I asked is I have seen my focus get 40+ mpg even have a pic on my cell. I looked and saw the active grill shutters. I was just curious how many other owners have them on their trim levels. By the way my build date is 02/12/2011.

BetaDnB 10-12-2012 06:20 AM

Gas mileage doesn't signify the SFE package either. I have the sport and can get over 60 MPG on a certain road under certain weather conditions. Don't expect to be able to do so though. That's accomplished after research and understanding how the car behaves with its fuel usage and knowing where the MPH sweet spot is.
Posted via FF Mobile

12FociSE 10-12-2012 06:23 AM

I got my 40+ mpg far and square no going down hill etc. It was a flat road I've actually got around 42 very briefly lol.

Brabs_Weather 10-12-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12FociSE (Post 4400856)
I got my 40+ mpg far and square no going down hill etc. It was a flat road I've actually got around 42 very briefly lol.

At what speed, My Focus Ti w/Handling package gets that all the time at 55. 38ish @ 70. SFE package has the Hybridish hubcap wheels.

BetaDnB 10-12-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12FociSE (Post 4400856)

Yeah. The route I can do it on is completely flat. No hills where I live.