Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Posting Images (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299455)

Seriously Focused 10-09-2012 07:04 PM

Posting Images

Does anyone know why I can't add an image to a post ?

My profile says "You may not post attachments"

Thanks in advance and YES it's possible that I'm being stupid !![:)]

suss6052 10-09-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seriously Focused (Post 4396152)
Does anyone know why I can't add an image to a post ?

My profile says "You may not post attachments"

Thanks in advance and YES it's possible that I'm being stupid !![:)]

Is the image located on a file sharing service such as picasa, photobucket/etc?

Did you click on the insert image button and put in the url of the picture?

I don't think it allows you to upload photographs just for a post, you may be able to create a gallery in your account, but I don't know as I don't use that to do so.

Seriously Focused 10-09-2012 07:12 PM

Thanks for the help. I was trying to include a couple of photos from my desktop to a new thread.

Maybe I don't have enough posts yet ?

suss6052 10-09-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seriously Focused (Post 4396163)
Thanks for the help. I was trying to include a couple of photos from my desktop to a new thread.

Maybe I don't have enough posts yet ?

Are they on your computer saved locally? You need to put them online first and then link to them using the insert picture link on the forum, I don't think there is a minimum number of posts required to post an image from the internet.

There however is not currently a way of posting a picture from your desktop directly onto the forum.

Seriously Focused 10-09-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suss6052 (Post 4396172)
Are they on your computer saved locally? You need to put them online first and then link to them using the insert picture link on the forum, I don't think there is a minimum number of posts required to post an image from the internet.

There however is not currently a way of posting a picture from your desktop directly onto the forum.

Thanks for the input. Yeah they are local to my pc. I currently do not have any of my personal photos online so to speak.

I was just trying to post a couple of pics (that I just took) of a mod. It's no big deal really.

suss6052 10-09-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seriously Focused (Post 4396232)
Thanks for the input. Yeah they are local to my pc. I currently do not have any of my personal photos online so to speak.

I was just trying to post a couple of pics (that I just took) of a mod. It's no big deal really.

You could have made an account, or created a member gallery to upload only the pictures of the car.

forceflow2 10-09-2012 09:05 PM

All the cool people post pictures like this
[IMG]/home/forceflow2/Pictures/2012\ Focus/OMGHAWT.jpg[/IMG]

copernicium112 10-10-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seriously Focused (Post 4396232)

You can also create an album under your profile and link them to your post from there if you don't want to create a new photobucket or dropbox (or whatever) account. Just don't try and link them for about 2-3 days after adding them to the album because they need mod approval. You will be able to see them immediately after adding them to the album but no one else will until they are mod-approved.