Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Stereo Volume Full Blast After Start Up (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299350)

SixSpeeder 10-08-2012 11:26 AM

Stereo Volume Full Blast After Start Up

I went on a short run to the grocery store last night and when I was getting ready to leave to head back home, I turned on the car and the stereo decided it would be a good a idea to turn the volume up full blast and only come out of the right front speaker. After trying to adjust the volume and the fade/balance to no avail, I shut the car off and opened my door so that the stereo would fully shut down. I let it sit for a minute figuring it was just your typical MFT/Sync brain-fart. When I turned the car back on, it was still blasting at full volume. I then tried the factory reset option, but that didn't work either. I was able, however, to flip the source over to A/V for no sound.

This morning, I got into my car to head to work (a 1 hour drive into Los Angeles w/o raido = no bueno) and figured I would try to flipping back over to my FM presets to see if the problem magically fixed itself. Abra-ka-fricking-dabra it was back to normal.

IdunnoWTF happened. I've never heard of this problem from all my lurking here. Perhaps I missed a post or two somewhere.

I am still taking my car in today to get its first service done and to have them check out some suspension creak coming from the front. I'll be sure to bring this issue up, although I have serious doubts they'll actually acknowledge my complaint.

feta_mgp 10-08-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixSpeeder (Post 4393621)
I went on a short run to the grocery store last night and when I was getting ready to leave to head back home, I turned on the car and the stereo decided it would be a good a idea to turn the volume up full blast and only come out of the right front speaker. After trying to adjust the volume and the fade/balance to no avail, I shut the car off and opened my door so that the stereo would fully shut down. I let it sit for a minute figuring it was just your typical MFT/Sync brain-fart. When I turned the car back on, it was still blasting at full volume. I then tried the factory reset option, but that didn't work either. I was able, however, to flip the source over to A/V for no sound.

This morning, I got into my car to head to work (a 1 hour drive into Los Angeles w/o raido = no bueno) and figured I would try to flipping back over to my FM presets to see if the problem magically fixed itself. Abra-ka-fricking-dabra it was back to normal.

IdunnoWTF happened. I've never heard of this problem from all my lurking here. Perhaps I missed a post or two somewhere.

I am still taking my car in today to get its first service done and to have them check out some suspension creak coming from the front. I'll be sure to bring this issue up, although I have serious doubts they'll actually acknowledge my complaint.

This issue actually is pretty well documented. It's happened to several members on here with MFT. This one is a lot less frequent though and tough to explain.

SixSpeeder 10-08-2012 12:22 PM

Is there a thread pertaining to this specific issue? I would search, but I wouldn't know how to search for this specific issue. I'll delete this thread if I find something.

FordIVTteam 10-11-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Hey, SixSpeeder -

Which software version is currently installed in your Focus? If you're not sure, you can check your SyncMyRide account under the SYNC UPDATES tab:

http://www.Ford.com/syncmyride/

Let me know what you find. Otherwise, PM me your VIN and I'll check it out.

Jaclyn

JasDmw 09-16-2013 09:21 AM

Stereo on full volume, then fixes itself

Quote:

So yesterday we took the Focus to the mountains and stopped for a bit of shopping on the way home. Everything was fine all day. Got in the car, started it up and this happend. Full volume right front speaker and no control, the volume bars showed nothing, as in zero. Had to shut the radio off. Drove the 5 minutes home, tried it again; same thing. Got out of the car, locked it, unlocked it and same thing. Then, this AM on the way to work, all is fine.

I did notice the door wouldn't unlock without pressing the key fob and the proximity sensors were not as loud as normal when entering my garage yesterday. This morning, all is normal.

So I found this thread, but don't see any resolution. I have the latest software. Anyone know anything further?

brettm1103 09-19-2013 04:45 PM

This happened to me today. Just got the car back yesterday from the dealer for sync screen going black.