Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Mapquest to Sync Weirdness (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299263)

Jockp 10-07-2012 07:03 PM

Mapquest to Sync Weirdness

First time poster. Actually this is my first Ford. Lovin' my Focus.

Here's what's happening and my question: I am able to send a map with destination from my iPad using Mapquest. All instructions I have been able to find say use voice command "Services" to download the map to the nav unit in the car. When I say "Services" the car phones some weird 888 number. I can't find the phone number in my contacts list so not sure where it's coming from. Is the another Sync command that will download the map?

Thanks in advance for your help.

jdetzel 10-07-2012 10:11 PM

When I send a destination to my car via MapQuest. I let sync dial the number and connect. Then it tells me about the destination that was sent and it asks me if I want directions to that destination. If I tell it yes it gives me the directions (it downloads the destination and calculates a route).
So that is not a direct answer to your question about a command to download the destination but I have never had to use a command to download a destination.
So when it dials the number do you let it dial and connect?

Jockp 10-08-2012 02:27 PM

Let the call go but it would not connect. Will try from someplace else. May be my phone connection/reception.

jdetzel 10-08-2012 03:46 PM

I just went out and checked mine. When I press connect it shows the number 888-244-4529,it dials and connects. Then it says "MapQuest has sent you the destination "_________". Do you want directions? If I say "yes" after a few seconds it comes up with the GPS screen and I can set that as the route.
I was looking through the guide and can't find a way to like go back and redownload a destiation.

Jockp 10-09-2012 11:26 PM

John thanks for your feedback. Let me check the number but the one you mention looks familiar. So I let the call go through and I hear no ringing and the system disconnects after about six seconds. Getting close...

sleepyboy 10-09-2012 11:29 PM

Welcome to the forum [welcome] [ffrocks] [loveff]

Moved your thread to the MK3 area so you can get some better help with what your doing. [thumb]

suss6052 10-10-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jockp (Post 4393824)
Let the call go but it would not connect. Will try from someplace else. May be my phone connection/reception.

Did you register your phone number with sync services? Only the registered mobile number can access the 3 years of free sync services, or the $60/year paid version if your car did not come with a three year subscription to sync services. Do you have a syncmyride account registered? Does it have an active services membership? If so but you're not using that mobile number it won't work. The call won't go through as you don't have authorization to dial that number.

FordIVTteam 10-12-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jockp (Post 4392224)
First time poster. Actually this is my first Ford. Lovin' my Focus.
Here's what's happening and my question: I am able to send a map with destination from my iPad using Mapquest. All instructions I have been able to find say use voice command "Services" to download the map to the nav unit in the car. When I say "Services" the car phones some weird 888 number. I can't find the phone number in my contacts list so not sure where it's coming from. Is the another Sync command that will download the map?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey, Jockp -

Welcome to the forum, I'm the In-Vehicle Technology girl. [wave]

The information jdetzel and suss6052 provided is spot-on! Have you been able to successfully connect to SYNC Services yet? Which number is it dialing? PM me the details along with your VIN, and we'll get to the bottom of this.

Jaclyn

Jockp 10-12-2012 04:14 PM

Hi Jaclyn,

Thanks - the number called is 888-240-4529.

VIN - 1FAHP3J23CL436138

I've double checked my Sync account and everything appears to be in order there.

Appreciate your help...