Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Hatchback owners check your spare tire well. (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299228)

jpolk84 10-06-2012 09:47 PM

Hatchback owners check your spare tire well.

If you haven't checked your spare tire well lately and have had some rainy weather, you might want to check. I happened to look as I was hunting a place to store something and had about 1/2 gal of water in the well. Nothing was wet inside the car so I'm thinking there's a leak in the frame somewhere. I plan to take it to the dealer Monday.

jpolk84 10-08-2012 09:55 AM

So how concerned should I be that the dealer is having a third-party look at this? You'd think this would fall squarely area.

Dialed 10-08-2012 10:05 AM

What do you mean third party? Could be policy maybe, if it's possibly a defect, they they have someone else take a look.

Timthom62 10-08-2012 10:10 AM

If the third party is a body shop that's going to check the fit and seal of the hatch, etc., and it's a shop that they normally do business with, I wouldn't be concerned.

However, I would want a detailed description of what has been done and let the dealer know that I'd still hold them accountable.

jpolk84 10-08-2012 10:33 AM

They really weren't clear. They just said they have a third party look at it and it has to be scheduled. This is a big dealer. I don't know if they have their own body shop but they're pretty big. I was just surprised this wouldn't be done by someone in-house. Had they been a small dealer I might not be.

bsp_53 10-08-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpolk84 (Post 4393457)
They really weren't clear. They just said they have a third party look at it and it has to be scheduled. This is a big dealer. I don't know if they have their own body shop but they're pretty big. I was just surprised this wouldn't be done by someone in-house. Had they been a small dealer I might not be.

I just checked mine and she's dry as a bone. Thanks for ther tip, sorry yours is messed up and good luck!

FordService 10-08-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpolk84 (Post 4391226)
If you haven't checked your spare tire well lately and have had some rainy weather, you might want to check. I happened to look as I was hunting a place to store something and had about 1/2 gal of water in the well. Nothing was wet inside the car so I'm thinking there's a leak in the frame somewhere. I plan to take it to the dealer Monday.

Hi there, jpolk84:

I want to loop in your regional Customer Service Manager and get your case escalated. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, and daytime contact number; I'll make sure your info ends up in the right hands.

Thanks!
Crystal [:)]

jpolk84 10-08-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService (Post 4393510)
Hi there, jpolk84:

I want to loop in your regional Customer Service Manager and get your case escalated. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, and daytime contact number; I'll make sure your info ends up in the right hands.

Thanks!
Crystal [:)]

I appreciate that. I have an apt. in the morning with the third-party. FWIW, they are coming to the dealer, so that's good. Let me see what they find. So far they haven't had a look yet.

pablo94sc 10-08-2012 11:25 AM

Mine is dry, but I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Ox-y-GenIII 10-08-2012 11:28 AM

I'll check mine when I head out for lunch.