Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Annoying beeping after car wash (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299214)

sirsim 10-06-2012 04:41 PM

Annoying beeping after car wash

So I have this problem after I took my 2012 focus se to the car wash just before. There is this annoying beep cause the car moves with the door open in neutral which the car doesn't like and I had this problem before and I fixed it by just turning the car off and locking it. Now I did the same thing and it won't turn off. There is no warning light for anything and no warning message on the screen. Does anyone have a solution that's not messing with switches and wires in the car? That would be greatly appreciated.

mikebontoft 10-06-2012 05:39 PM

disconnect the battery...?

zehkaiser 10-06-2012 09:03 PM

So you're putting the car in neutral and opening the door while it's moving in the car wash? Maybe you typed that wrong...

My 2012 Ti gave an error tone when I got out of the car with it in gear (auto with hand brake), but it shut up as soon as I put it in P. All error tones I get for various things I do clear up as soon as I stop doing what it doesn't like.

dbenney 10-06-2012 09:49 PM

I assume if you put it into park it doesnt do this? if it doesnt, then id suggest not leaving it in neutral with door open... that warning beep is prob to keep people from doing that accidentally, so you may never be able to get that to stop. if i misunderstood your post please clarify you symptoms and exactly what causes them.

FordService 10-09-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirsim (Post 4390769)
So I have this problem after I took my 2012 focus se to the car wash just before. There is this annoying beep cause the car moves with the door open in neutral which the car doesn't like and I had this problem before and I fixed it by just turning the car off and locking it. Now I did the same thing and it won't turn off. There is no warning light for anything and no warning message on the screen. Does anyone have a solution that's not messing with switches and wires in the car? That would be greatly appreciated.

Hi sirsim,

I would recommend making an appointment at your dealership so they can inspect. Ford certified techs are in the best position to diagnose and repair your vehicle. If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to me via PM.

Thanks,
Crystal [:)]

raptor1956 10-09-2012 03:20 PM

Actually, my car beeps WHEN I'm washing my car. Specifically, when hosing the car down with the high pressure wand the car beeps occasionally and seems to do so when I spray the front doors. I see no problem here but wonder what it's bitching about.

Is it the ultrasonic sensors?

Brian

PratoN 10-09-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor1956 (Post 4395872)
Actually, my car beeps WHEN I'm washing my car. Specifically, when hosing the car down with the high pressure wand the car beeps occasionally and seems to do so when I spray the front doors. I see no problem here but wonder what it's bitching about.

Is it the ultrasonic sensors?

I believe my car only beeps at me when I'm in drive or reverse (never tried neutral...) and something gets too close to my car - including a stream of water from a hose / undercarriage wash at a car wash.

Unless you mean the horn is honking. If that's what you mean, it's because the car thinks you're re-locking the doors with the IA pad... try washing it without your key in your pocket?