Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Preparing for 400hp+ (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299195)

PowerFocer 10-06-2012 12:41 PM

Preparing for 400hp+

Around this time next year, when I'm completely out of debt, I plan on going back into debt with turbo 2.3 or 2.5 putting out about 450whp. Built by Tom of course. In the mean time I plan on doing whatever is necessary to prep the Focus for such power levels. I plan on doing and FSWerks Stage 3 clutch, MFactory helical LSD, and stiffening up the suspension (I may get a wheelie bar made later on). My question is; what else should I do to prep? What are the weakest points on a FF putting down this much power? Can the half-shafts handle the torque? Basically, what will I break and how can I make it not?

Also, this will be my daily; at least for some time after I do all of this, so what tires should I run? I drive about 60 miles round trip to work each day.

Thanks in advance,
PowerFocer

crice8 10-06-2012 02:14 PM

Fwd???

VEGAS 10-06-2012 02:18 PM

I would email Tom and ask him, since he will be building what you want later.

truculenity 11-02-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerFocer (Post 4390475)
Around this time next year, when I'm completely out of debt, I plan on going back into debt with turbo 2.3 or 2.5 putting out about 450whp.
PowerFocer

theres more to life than a fast car, i dont know how old you are...but being in debt is not a good place to be in. Especially to "mod" an inexpensive commuter car that wont generate any more revenue.

good luck, your better served with juicing up a RWD car.

FocusOnMeNow 11-02-2012 09:02 AM

Both of them are right. I don't know where you live, your age, nor your economic status, but we live in a bad time now. Money earned is money saved. Personally, I don't know whether I have a job next week. Lucky for me, I don't have debt. Enjoy the time where you don't have debt and save money.

Also, RWD is the way to go. I'd grab an older Mustang, boost it to 400 hp and call it a day. Other than that, save your pennies.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent Blue FF Mobile

jetrinka 11-03-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crice8 (Post 4390614)
Fwd???

[thankyou]

felixthecat 11-04-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FocusOnMeNow (Post 4435927)
Both of them are right. I don't know where you live, your age, nor your economic status, but we live in a bad time now. Money earned is money saved. Personally, I don't know whether I have a job next week. Lucky for me, I don't have debt. Enjoy the time where you don't have debt and save money.

Also, RWD is the way to go. I'd grab an older Mustang, boost it to 400 hp and call it a day. Other than that, save your pennies.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Xparent Blue FF Mobile

I 2nd that. I might not have a job next wk either, but I have no debt either. Like I've told my kids= I'd rather be on a bus w/ money than have a car broke down & no money.

jetrinka 11-04-2012 05:40 PM

The borrower is slave to the lender.

st12131 11-04-2012 06:26 PM

Well first of all the OP is gainfully employed by our Government (or enslaved), is young, and can more then pay for it with his income.

I would also look at making sure the front end can fit a nice 235-40/17 tire, that would give the the best chance of getting the power to the ground.

I would also look at getting a good clutch kit, LSD is going to be mandatory as well.

PowerFocer 11-05-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st12131 (Post 4439723)
Well first of all the OP is gainfully employed by our Government (or enslaved), is young, and can more then pay for it with his income.

I would also look at making sure the front end can fit a nice 235-40/17 tire, that would give the the best chance of getting the power to the ground.

I would also look at getting a good clutch kit, LSD is going to be mandatory as well.

Thank you for some real answers Bob. My economic situation wasn't part of my OP, but oh well.

I was planning on race clutch and LSD, but wasn't sure if the tranny/drivetrainn could handle that power. I don't want to snap the input shaft or halfshafts or something. Kind of want to run street slicks and a wheelie bar, because why not?

However, I may be looking into a fox body