Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Worst day for my Ti (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299145)

cjanderson629 10-05-2012 06:34 PM

Worst day for my Ti

SO driving home from school going 65 on the highway. The truck in front of me drops a can of spray paint out of the bed. I did not have the time to react, I run over the can and realize this won't be good. I get home to survey the damage. The can had exploded and white paint was down my entire passenger side and the back draft sprayed it all over the back glass as well as the tail gate. Long story short, my dad and I worked for 3 and a half hours removing every speck of the paint and rewaxing the side/back. While cleaning the tailgate, I look under the car to see the inside of my wheel was painted white, the spring was white, as well as half of my muffler. [?|]

darkangelism 10-05-2012 06:54 PM

That sucks, at least it didn't blow out your tires or anything

wilsonfocus86 10-05-2012 07:36 PM

Pics?

Tom 10-05-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjanderson629 (Post 4389286)
SO driving home from school going 65 on the highway. The truck in front of me drops a can of spray paint out of the bed. I did not have the time to react, I run over the can and realize this won't be good. I get home to survey the damage. The can had exploded and white paint was down my entire passenger side and the back draft sprayed it all over the back glass as well as the tail gate. Long story short, my dad and I worked for 3 and a half hours removing every speck of the paint and rewaxing the side/back. While cleaning the tailgate, I look under the car to see the inside of my wheel was painted white, the spring was white, as well as half of my muffler. [?|]

It might be a bit late, but did you happened to get the license plate of the truck that dropped the can? Technically anything that falls of the bed/truck, the driver is liable for damages.

Vernl 10-05-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 4389393)
It might be a bit late, but did you happened to get the license plate of the truck that dropped the can? Technically anything that falls of the bed/truck, the driver is liable for damages.

Plus one on that....
The other guys insurance should be made to cover your clean up costs etc...just imagine if it came through your windshield and then blew

Edbro 10-05-2012 07:45 PM

I always wondered about those gravel trucks that spew rocks everywhere and have the signs stating "not responsible for windshield damage". Surely, simply putting up a sign doesn't absolve them of responsibility does it?

GoldenHour 10-05-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilsonfocus86 (Post 4389390)
Pics?

yep. didn't happen [thankyou].

cobie56 10-05-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edbro (Post 4389416)
I always wondered about those gravel trucks that spew rocks everywhere and have the signs stating "not responsible for windshield damage". Surely, simply putting up a sign doesn't absolve them of responsibility does it?

the law does not allow for abstaining from negligence... loads such as dirt and gravel must be covered.

scott7278 10-05-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edbro (Post 4389416)

Around six years ago, I had a flatbed semi cut me off, and then a big bolt came off the back of the bed and struck my windshield - the damage was unreal. I got the license plate number, called the company, and their insurance company replaced my windshield for me.

Signs do not absolve the company of negligence...I suppose they are there to keep people from trying.

trevoracus 10-05-2012 09:17 PM

I think you got lucky, in July a truck going the other way dropped something a bit heavier than a spray can.... a port-o-potie.

Yes... a shitter fell from the sky and I drove straight into it.

Wrote off my focus due to the damage.

Thankfully it was a 'new' port-o-let, and it wasnt full.