Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ford Focus Purchasing Center (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Direct Ford interaction with customer orders? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299016)

lddavis 10-03-2012 06:58 PM

Direct Ford interaction with customer orders?

I got a copy of my DORA today. The sales guy mentioned that Ford would be contacting me directly about the order, and as it put it "communicate with you quite a bit". Not that I mind, but it's the first time I'd heard of such a thing. Should I expect Ford to call/email me about the car, and keep me informed of its progress?

(I suspect this might have been an SVT perk, as most of my local dealers are still a bit confused in thinking a Focus ST is as rare and special as, say, the Mustang GT500 or a GT40. For the latter, sure, I could see that.)

One thing I would expect that I haven't seen a reference to is a web site to check on the order status. There ought to be a Ford URL that will fill in the VIN, build dates, shipping status, and all that sort of thing, as the order progresses. Anyone have a link to a status page?

imccrea 10-04-2012 02:00 PM

Ford is verifying certain orders to prevent dealers from putting fake orders in.

This includes

2013 ST
2013 Escape
2013 C Max
2013 Fusion

lddavis 10-04-2012 05:04 PM

Interesting. I suppose I'll keep an eye and ear out for Ford, then, to tell them I really am trying to buy their car. Or should I be proactive and nudge them first?

Thanks.

suss6052 10-07-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lddavis (Post 4385786)
I got a copy of my DORA today. The sales guy mentioned that Ford would be contacting me directly about the order, and as it put it "communicate with you quite a bit". Not that I mind, but it's the first time I'd heard of such a thing. Should I expect Ford to call/email me about the car, and keep me informed of its progress?

(I suspect this might have been an SVT perk, as most of my local dealers are still a bit confused in thinking a Focus ST is as rare and special as, say, the Mustang GT500 or a GT40. For the latter, sure, I could see that.)

One thing I would expect that I haven't seen a reference to is a web site to check on the order status. There ought to be a Ford URL that will fill in the VIN, build dates, shipping status, and all that sort of thing, as the order progresses. Anyone have a link to a status page?

There is no publicly available link to follow the order and build status of the vehicle. They have internal services for the dealers and ford internally to track the vehicle, but you have to work for the company or have access to the system.

lddavis 10-08-2012 11:36 AM

Hence the various places with employees and customer service reps volunteering to look up status. Necessary if there's no public interface.

Thanks.

drumminham1 10-30-2012 06:24 PM

Hello everyone. So, I'm stationed in Germany with the Army. I ordered a 2013 Focus ST2 in Tuxedo White on 27 July. Here we are almost in November and I have zero information from Ford as far as when my car will be built. Numerous people are having the same issue. People that have ordered after me, have already received Vin#'s, build dates, and in some cases, their cars already. Anyone know how to get in touch with anybody at Ford that can answer some questions about production time frames? Thanks!!

Dan

lddavis 10-30-2012 06:57 PM

For the US, I'd suggest:

- your dealer
- "Natasha At Ford" on Facebook
- PM Crystal, FordCustomerService on this forum
- Call 1-800-FORD-SVT
- Create a tracking thread for your car at http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...ord-employees/ (cyberbman is a volunteer, so read the rules and be nice).

I don't know how being in Germany affects your sources. Different production facilities, but maybe the same support staff and computer systems.