Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Getting new magnaflow exhaust put on, keep old exhaust system? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299006)

k1ngkev1n1 10-03-2012 02:44 PM

Getting new magnaflow exhaust put on, keep old exhaust system?
 
I was curious do they normally give back what they take off? do i need to ask should i even keep it? just wondering thanks.

Elizabeth 10-03-2012 03:34 PM

Your exhaust was stainless steel. It is worth money. If they cut it all to hell to throw it away, then it is junk.
If you had ASKED in advance to keep it in one piece, and return it to you. Store it in your garage and sell it years later for $100.
As is, the throw it away, or sell it to a scrap yard.

k1ngkev1n1 10-03-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 4385557)
Your exhaust was stainless steel. It is worth money. If they cut it all to hell to throw it away, then it is junk.
If you had ASKED in advance to keep it in one piece, and return it to you. Store it in your garage and sell it years later for $100.
As is, the throw it away, or sell it to a scrap yard.


Im getting it installed tomorrow was wondering if i need to tell them anything specific thats all. like please let me keep old exhaust of something.

darkangelism 10-03-2012 03:52 PM

I would try to keep it, in case you ever need it.

Elizabeth 10-03-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k1ngkev1n1 (Post 4385604)
Im getting it installed tomorrow was wondering if i need to tell them anything specific thats all. like please let me keep old exhaust of something.

And ASK them not to cut it all up!!
When most places remove old parts, the just cut them up any old way as scrap!
They may ask you to PAY a little more to save the complete ehaust in one piece. As it will be harder to remove. Or, just ONE extra cut would be OK.
Just not a dozen 6" long bits..

k1ngkev1n1 10-03-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 4385712)
And ASK them not to cut it all up!!
When most places remove old parts, the just cut them up any old way as scrap!
They may ask you to PAY a little more to save the complete ehaust in one piece. As it will be harder to remove. Or, just ONE extra cut would be OK.
Just not a dozen 6" long bits..

Will do, wonder how i am goingt o be able to sell this now.... maybe they can buy it off me... lol

meattooth 10-03-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k1ngkev1n1 (Post 4385730)
Will do, wonder how i am goingt o be able to sell this now.... maybe they can buy it off me... lol

The magna flow requires you to cut the stocker off 3 inches after the bolt flange, and I'm pretty sure you can't get it out in one peice without disassembling some of the rear suspension.

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/z...h/Untitled.jpg
http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/z...6-09090012.jpg

02svtf300 10-03-2012 06:55 PM

ya wish i would had thought of keeping my stock svt exhaust back then... people sell them now [?|]

k1ngkev1n1 10-03-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meattooth (Post 4385864)
The magna flow requires you to cut the stocker off 3 inches after the bolt flange, and I'm pretty sure you can't get it out in one peice without disassembling some of the rear suspension.

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/z...h/Untitled.jpg
http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/z...6-09090012.jpg

Well he should be able to take off with minimum amount of cuts i can ask for i guess. maybe like 3 parts of something. Any idea where i would be able to sell it? just curious.

meattooth 10-03-2012 07:41 PM

Someone on here is your best bet. Stainless doesn't wear out so demand for stock is low. Collision repair or someone wanting to put the stock back on to sell the car are primary buyers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using FF Mobile


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 PM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp