Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   DURATEC Performance (2008-2011) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=329)
-   -   Fswerks race header on 2011 (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298981)

roger911 10-03-2012 07:00 AM

Fswerks race header on 2011

I'm trying to figure out if I want to get a header for my car. I heard the Fswerks race header is really good. The reason why I'm debating is bc it's going to delete my cat so is it gonna throw a check engine light? I already hav a tuner so could I use that to clear it or program my car to ignore it? If anyone has any ideas that would help out a lot.

badazz2010focus 10-03-2012 07:12 AM

Yes tom can turn your CEL off and keep it off.

roger911 10-03-2012 07:46 AM

Iv heard of Tom but I don't know really who he is. And how much would that cost me?

crice8 10-03-2012 08:07 AM

Be aware you must also purchase the flex pipe with the header.

roger911 10-03-2012 08:34 AM

Yeah I know thats why I'm debating. I live in ny and have emission for inspection.. Don't want to have to worry about failing every year

roger911 10-03-2012 09:58 AM

If anyone has a header, does it make a difference in power or is it a waist of money?

crice8 10-03-2012 11:40 AM

when I put the header on my car it literally made as much of a difference as all of my other mods combined!

roger911 10-03-2012 11:46 AM

Now I want one:p. did it get really loud after you put it on? I have the fsw race exhaust and don't want it crazy loud. I love the way it sounds now. And also did you get a CEL when you did yours?

crice8 10-03-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roger911 (Post 4385128)
Now I want one:p. did it get really loud after you put it on? I have the fsw race exhaust and don't want it crazy loud. I love the way it sounds now. And also did you get a CEL when you did yours?

OMG yes it gets stupid loud. I now have 4 mufflers under my car. you will need at least the stealth muffler added. as for the code yes your car will throw a code unless you have your tune adjusted to turn off the second o2 sensor because it is removed when you install the header. after you have the header installed you will only have 1 o2 sensor but that is what your tune is for to tell the computer what to do.

many people have 2 stealth mufflers in the frontpipe. 2 will fit from what I have heard.

I have 2 magnaflow round mufflers, a vibrant ultra quiet resonator, and a vibrant bottle style resonator and it is now within a realm that it sounds bad assss... Even with the two magnaflows and the ultra quiet it still got pretty loud when you got on it but nothing compared to how loud and ricey it sounds with one muffler lol

crice8 10-03-2012 12:37 PM

For your clarification on the CEL. The car throws a CEL error code because the 2nd o2 sensor is not sending a reading because it has been removed. When you have your tune changed the tuner will turn off your second o2 sensor check thus not getting an error sent to your ecu for a fault in the rear o2 sensor because that parameter is turned off and is not being monitored. So they are not turning the CEL code off but turning off the sensor that would cause the error code.