Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Titanium door handle locking (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298933)

rlift 10-02-2012 03:59 PM

Titanium door handle locking
 
The driverís door handle on my 2012 Titanium 4dr would not unlock/lock the door on days when temperature was above 70 or the door handle was in direct sunlight. The dealer could not find anything wrong with the handle, no error codes, contacted Ford and was informed that they need to apply a body control module update per a TSB.

Now I have this situation
Prior to update using the passenger door handle or a working drivers door handle

1. Place thumb over black square on door handle, first time the door locks, you can hear the click if no background noise and see the dashboard light if it is dark out

2. Press the square a second time, the horn honks signaling the alarm is active

This is the same as pressing the key fob lock button once, then the second time to hear the horn beep.

After the update, I can never get the horn honk signaling the alarm is active when using the door handle to lock the car.

I took my car back to the dealer and Ford is telling them that the horn should not beep when using the door handle to lock the car.

Does anyone else have a Titanium that the horn beeps when they lock the car using the door handle or was my car defective from the factory and now fixed? I liked hearing the horn beep so I knew my car was locked

darkangelism 10-02-2012 04:09 PM

2nd press on black square honks for me, have scared myself washing the car.

Kabigon 10-02-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlift (Post 4383742)
Does anyone else have a Titanium that the horn beeps when they lock the car using the door handle or was my car defective from the factory and now fixed? I liked hearing the horn beep so I knew my car was locked

An excellent question since I just updated the BCM a couple of days ago.

Before: Horn would beep if car was already locked. The problem was that there was no delay. In other words, if you locked the car (by touching the black square) and immediately (and often inadvertently) touched the black square again, the horn would beep.

Now: The horn does not sound and there is a delay (for confirmation) if the car is already locked.

For confirmation, I normally use the lamp on the mirror when locking the car.

I like the fact that the horn is no longer used. I don't like hearing or making unnecessary noise.
(why do I need to know that my neighbor just locked his car?)

noahsfocus 10-02-2012 06:26 PM

The horn honk on the second lock attempt is normal operation and I like the fact that the horn will honk twice if one of the doors is ajar when using the fob button. When touching the black square it won't lock or flash the lights when a door is ajar. Sounds like the BCM update has changed this feature ...I prefere it the way it is originally.

The horn honk feature is handy when using the FOB to find your car in a crowded parking lot or when it is out of the line of sight and you want confirmation it is locked. So does yours still honk when using the fob button? Or you just lost the honk when using the IA touch pad?

rlift 10-02-2012 09:00 PM

Thanks everyone for their replies. It appears that anyone that had a BCM update lost the horn beep feature on the second press. Not sure why Ford changed the functionality [:)]or why the key fob works one way and the door handle is different.[:)]

jdetzel 10-02-2012 11:27 PM

Mine does not honk the horn with the door button. I can press it repeatedly and I hear the door lock cycle but no horn.
It will honk the horn if I press the remote a second time.
I also watch the mirror light, if there is a lot of noise I can not hear the lock.

DayGlow 10-03-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdetzel (Post 4384458)
Mine does not honk the horn with the door button. I can press it repeatedly and I hear the door lock cycle but no horn.
It will honk the horn if I press the remote a second time.
I also watch the mirror light, if there is a lot of noise I can not hear the lock.

Same for me

BlueIce 10-03-2012 11:21 AM

Mine honks every time, its so annoying. But it never used to do it, Im not sure what happened?

Kabigon 10-03-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noahsfocus (Post 4383923)
The horn honk feature is handy when using the FOB to find your car in a crowded parking lot or when it is out of the line of sight and you want confirmation it is locked. So does yours still honk when using the fob button? Or you just lost the honk when using the IA touch pad?

The fob works as always (the horn sounds if doors are already locked).

Only the operation of the door handle pad was changed.

xpartmgr 10-03-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabigon (Post 4383772)
For confirmation, I normally use the lamp on the mirror when locking the car.

I am not sure what you mean by this? Perhaps a different way to lock the car????


I always use the handle and mine will honk if touched twice.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp