Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Military Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   question before I go to jag (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298909)

GO.army.1969 10-02-2012 09:57 AM

question before I go to jag

I got a barr to reenlist for not passing wlc [bash]. Its been 6 mo now and the barr has been lifted im due to leave Germany in Jan 2013 but I can not pcs because I have less than 12 mo before my ets and im at the bottom of the oml list to go back to wlc. My Co told me in the counsling now that the barr is lifted I can reenlist now and then pcs and do wlc at next duty point. But the thing is my BC is saying she will not let me reenlist till I pass wlc. Im not a bad troop at all never not one time had a bad or negetive counsling pass every pt test not on the fat boy program. Can my BC do this it seem's like see still has barred me to reenlist but with out paperwork. Any help would be nice mybe even a reg I can read up on so I can fight this.

Graves 10-04-2012 10:42 PM

BC and she . . . . there lies the issue lol

gonefhsn 10-09-2012 07:56 AM

I would suggest you extend your contract to give you 12+ months TIS remaining, PCS back to the States and reup when you get here.

JayDeZ 10-24-2012 09:21 AM

If you are going to do WLC again make sure you get SSD1 done on AKO first or you cant go to WLC. Its a 40 hour online course and the WLC standards change (get harder) 01 Jan 13.

I'm glad I did WLC this past summer.

However, not having passed/attended WLC should not be a bar to reenlistment. You can stay a SPC for 20 years if you dont want the responsibility of being an NCO.

GO.army.1969 10-24-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayDeZ (Post 4420745)
If you are going to do WLC again make sure you get SSD1 done on AKO first or you cant go to WLC. Its a 40 hour online course and the WLC standards change (get harder) 01 Jan 13.

I'm glad I did WLC this past summer.

However, not having passed/attended WLC should not be a bar to reenlistment. You can stay a SPC for 20 years if you dont want the responsibility of being an NCO.

SSD1 is not needed till Oct of 2013. But it helps get you ready for WLC. Plus you can not be an E-4 for ever. There is something called an RCP date none promotable is 8 years promotable is 12 years E-5 is 13 years promotable is 15 years. Yes not passing any NCOA is grounds for a bar but I did not know that untill I got barred then I pulled up the reg yep its there. knowledge is power

jinstall 10-31-2012 12:33 AM

I would not go to JAG but to the IG if you need help with this. You can also go to the Chaplain and ask for assistance. PLDC/WLC is not an item for barred reenlistment.

GO.army.1969 10-31-2012 01:19 AM

All is good bar is lifted going to FT. Lewis I will reenlist there out of my current BC's control.

jinstall 11-04-2012 03:32 PM

Good to hear.