Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK2 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Hid not working on-- (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298852)

Flying56eagle 10-01-2012 03:50 PM

Hid not working on--
 
I have the Bi XENON For my 09, works great tell I try my brights, and blow a fuse every time[bash], what do I need and please provide a link to were I can purchase the fix
Thanks

Baldurs390 10-01-2012 04:00 PM

check and see if you have water in any of the connection on the lights and ballast

badazz2010focus 10-01-2012 07:31 PM

they a high low kit?

JDBug182 10-02-2012 04:07 PM

Not familiar with the bi setup..... But are you running a fused relay from the battery?

bmiglio72 10-02-2012 04:27 PM

I used to have a bi xenon set....have the brights ever worked because if not its most likely the hi lo control box is defective so just send it back

badazz2010focus 10-02-2012 05:54 PM

most people dont run hi/lows because they lows are plenty unless you live out in the middle of cow country LOL!

klrfoucs 10-04-2012 12:08 AM

i have a set of hid's that i havent really seen elsewhere, from what i understand bi xenon have 2 filaments, mine only have a single that is about an 1in and a half long maybe a tad more but they magnetically pull back in the h13 socket so it gets higher and wider, terrible lighting on my high beams thought, recently my passenger side light has been turning yellow so i think my ballast is about to go and on occasion one or the other doesnt turn on but turn off and on again and they both work?

bmiglio72 10-04-2012 04:17 AM

I used to have the same thing. I'm sorry to say I really doubt that is a fixable problem. I think it may be the ballast taking a dump. I also have the thought it might be the high low control box in the wiring because both of your lights are acting up.

crice8 10-04-2012 10:41 AM

Sounds like there is a short somewhere in your Hid system. Hard to say where exactly. maybe in the ballast maybe just in a wire.

Flying56eagle 10-08-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baldurs390 (Post 4382006)
check and see if you have water in any of the connection on the lights and ballast

no water[drinking]

Quote:

Originally Posted by badazz2010focus (Post 4382332)
they a high low kit?

yes that is why the are called BI exon[?|]

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDBug182 (Post 4383755)
Not familiar with the bi setup..... But are you running a fused relay from the battery?

[dunno]No I'm not, that is what I was woundering, because I blow the fuse every time,[nono] if I install the facktory set back everything works fine,[?|] when I install the hid. everything works also ecept the brights[80?]

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmiglio72 (Post 4383784)
I used to have a bi xenon set....have the brights ever worked because if not its most likely the hi lo control box is defective so just send it back

this is my second set..[thumbd]

Quote:

Originally Posted by badazz2010focus (Post 4383873)
most people dont run hi/lows because they lows are plenty unless you live out in the middle of cow country LOL!

in pa for the inspection you have to have high and low beam switch working.[grinking]

Quote:

Originally Posted by klrfoucs (Post 4386327)
i have a set of hid's that i havent really seen elsewhere, from what i understand bi xenon have 2 filaments, mine only have a single that is about an 1in and a half long maybe a tad more but they magnetically pull back in the h13 socket so it gets higher and wider, terrible lighting on my high beams thought, recently my passenger side light has been turning yellow so i think my ballast is about to go and on occasion one or the other doesnt turn on but turn off and on again and they both work?

glad you found your problem..[screwy]

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmiglio72 (Post 4386444)
I used to have the same thing. I'm sorry to say I really doubt that is a fixable problem. I think it may be the ballast taking a dump. I also have the thought it might be the high low control box in the wiring because both of your lights are acting up.

it never worked for the start. second set[?|][bash][?|][bash][?|][bash]

Quote:

Originally Posted by crice8 (Post 4386853)
Sounds like there is a short somewhere in your Hid system. Hard to say where exactly. maybe in the ballast maybe just in a wire.

again second set.. So no has a fuse system I gather from the responses,[goofydrunk] and everyone seams to just buy the single cheaper one filament hids[thumbd], and never use there brights anymore?[nono] am I missing something here[bawling]. Maybe I will just put my factory system back in.[histerical]


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp