Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ford Focus & General Car Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Why do you love your focus so much? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298576)

spacegravity4me 09-27-2012 11:27 AM

Why do you love your focus so much?

Why do we like these cars? Why? I don't know what happened to me. I never wanted a focus to begin with but one was given to me and I've kinda had this thing for them ever since. I can't explain it. It's not the best little car in world but it's fun to drive and it's got some kind of charm to it. Maybe I have an underdog syndrome or something. I can't think of another car in this price range that would really appeal to me. Everything else either feels over done or uninspired. There's just something about a focus. What is it?

elsolo 09-27-2012 11:44 AM

I don't know why, it's just something that happens after you drive them.

matmatician 09-27-2012 02:27 PM

I love mine because it's a great looking car! That's why I bought it. After looking for weeks at cars that a broke college kid can afford, I chose it over Civics, Cobalts, and Corollas simply because the others look so blah! The focus has some styling, and that's something I can't say about any of the other cars I mentioned.

WiscoGTI 09-27-2012 03:21 PM

Cheap and easy. Just like I like my women.

Malibooya 09-27-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiscoGTI (Post 4375989)

You lie. I know you better than to believe that bullshit answer. [limp]

Dark 007 09-27-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacegravity4me (Post 4375607)
Why do we like these cars? Why? I don't know what happened to me. I never wanted a focus to begin with but one was given to me and I've kinda had this thing for them ever since. I can't explain it. It's not the best little car in world but it's fun to drive and it's got some kind of charm to it. Maybe I have an underdog syndrome or something. I can't think of another car in this price range that would really appeal to me. Everything else either feels over done or uninspired. There's just something about a focus. What is it?

Amen. To that!! [pray]
Seriously, thats exactly how I feel about my ride. [:D]

Posted via iPhone using FF Mobile

Dark 007 09-27-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Lmao!!! [rofl]

Posted via iPhone using FF Mobile

swansong 09-27-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Funny, cuz now you drive a car that is high maintenance, moody, expensive to keep happy, and never tells you what's really wrong! [hihi]

(Speaking for VW's reputation in general, no idea if your GTI is the same)

FLYLOW 09-27-2012 04:41 PM

I always did! since the zx3 came out... i remember the 1st one i saw was a yellow zx3 with bike racks... i fell in love (i really dont know why) i almost got a dark grey zx3 before getting the M-Xrs but now i finally have a svtf

iminhell 09-27-2012 04:47 PM

Swansong.
^Truth.

TBH, because I can't afford anything else.
When I bought the car I had criteria for a car. I wanted brand new, I wanted a hatchback, I wanted a 2 door, I wanted a 4 cylinder.
I was planning on getting a Honda Civic. But 2000 was the last year of the body I was dead set on. While looking at them I had seen a Focus ZX3. Started researching them, what modifications were out there. I decided I could live with it. There wasn't the aftermarket like there was with a Honda, but I thought that would grow over time and as more people got to know the workings of the car it would flourish. Sadly that really didn't happen as I thought it should have.
I'm very happy with the car. I'm happy that I've found ways to eek more power from it on the cheap. So much so that I bought a second one.

I regret buying the car because the day I drove it home I found the exact Civic I wanted. But there was no going back. The paperwork was signed and I was going to live with it.

I would say the community has made owning the car better, but the community hasn't changed much at all over the years. The way it is right now is just how it was in the beginning. It's a good community, just hasn't really progresses or become too innovative. I kinda think some of that has to do with the site itself and it's limitations on what you are able to share without worrying about people making fun of you or jumping on your back. It does keep a calm herd though.