Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Just Magnaflow muffler or lunchbox too? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298501)

YellowJellyBean 09-26-2012 01:33 PM

Just Magnaflow muffler or lunchbox too?
 
I was able to scoop a Magnaflow round muffler for next to nothing and I was going to have it installed in place of the stock one (it's 2" I/O). This should make my exhaust sound a lot better, since right now it's all stock. I was wondering, though, should I go ahead and have the shop do a lunchbox delete at the same time? I imagine I could get the muffler put in, drive around for a while, and then decide if it's still too quiet, but I was wondering if anyone has done something similar.

My car already catches glances from the way it looks. I don't want to attract the wrong attention with the exhaust.

crice8 09-26-2012 01:55 PM

I would suggest having the lunchbox removed at the same time. that way you get the full affect of it not just a tiny change.

JüstCantFocüs 09-26-2012 02:13 PM

just delete the lunchbox you'll be glad you did. I didn't do mine at first and had to go back and spend more money to have them remove it [facepalm]

felixthecat 09-26-2012 07:08 PM

Add the magnaflow & see if the cops like your exhaust tone.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowJellyBean (Post 4374259)
I was able to scoop a Magnaflow round muffler for next to nothing and I was going to have it installed in place of the stock one (it's 2" I/O). This should make my exhaust sound a lot better, since right now it's all stock. I was wondering, though, should I go ahead and have the shop do a lunchbox delete at the same time? I imagine I could get the muffler put in, drive around for a while, and then decide if it's still too quiet, but I was wondering if anyone has done something similar.

My car already catches glances from the way it looks. I don't want to attract the wrong attention with the exhaust.

So you want both= noise & quiet huh. ^^^^ I'd add the magnaflow, then see if the cops like your exhaust tone.

arjay219 09-26-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowJellyBean (Post 4374259)
I was able to scoop a Magnaflow round muffler for next to nothing and I was going to have it installed in place of the stock one (it's 2" I/O). This should make my exhaust sound a lot better, since right now it's all stock. I was wondering, though, should I go ahead and have the shop do a lunchbox delete at the same time? I imagine I could get the muffler put in, drive around for a while, and then decide if it's still too quiet, but I was wondering if anyone has done something similar.

My car already catches glances from the way it looks. I don't want to attract the wrong attention with the exhaust.

You don't want upgrade the piping too? My Trubendz magnaflow has a nice tone. I've got a hfc and a round muffler also. It sounds great. Throaty and low and not too loud either

YellowJellyBean 09-26-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjay219 (Post 4374761)
You don't want upgrade the piping too? My Trubendz magnaflow has a nice tone. I've got a hfc and a round muffler also. It sounds great. Throaty and low and not too loud either

Probably cost you a little more than $20, though :P

felixthecat 09-27-2012 09:16 AM

He's on a tight budget.

rambleon84 09-27-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowJellyBean (Post 4375042)
Probably cost you a little more than $20, though :P

if you just cut off the lunch box and didnt add the magna, then yeah it would be louder/annoying. I'm sure adding the magnaflow and removing the lunch box will be an improvement. I vote you do it.

YellowJellyBean 09-27-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambleon84 (Post 4375710)
if you just cut off the lunch box and didnt add the magna, then yeah it would be louder/annoying. I'm sure adding the magnaflow and removing the lunch box will be an improvement. I vote you do it.

Just to be clear, I'll be adding the Magnaflow in the sense that I'm replacing the stock muffler. Probably louder than just a lunchbox delete, but should also sound better, I think.

Buickboy 09-27-2012 01:54 PM

honestly anything with the stock manicat in place is pretty quiet. The mag and lunchbox delete should sound pretty good, if you think its loud give it a day or two and youll want more lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp