Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   DURATEC Performance (2008-2011) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=329)
-   -   Urgent help needed (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298140)

10FOCISES 09-21-2012 10:28 AM

Urgent help needed
 
I went out this morning to check the spark plugs and coil packs on my 2010 SES. Plug 1 was fine. Plugs 2 & 3 had oil in them when I removed the coil pack to get at the plugs. Not sure how long I've been driving this way, any suggestions on what is happening please let me know ASAP. What kind of damage, if any, can this cause? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Here is a photo of what I'm talking about, sorry for the poor quality:
http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/...ps64fc34d0.jpg

sporadic 09-21-2012 10:41 AM

Has it been running fine? Chances are good it's just a valve cover gasket.
To clarify your post, it doesn't look like the cylinders have oil in them. It just looks like the spark plugs have oil on them.

10FOCISES 09-21-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sporadic (Post 4366070)
Has it been running fine? Chances are good it's just a valve cover gasket.

I noticed a slightly irregular idle yesterday, hence the reason i wanted to check the plugs/coils. Now, I imagine I'd need to clean out all the oil prior to re-installing the coils & attempting to make it to the mech to look at it?

10FOCISES 09-21-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sporadic (Post 4366070)
To clarify your post, it doesn't look like the cylinders have oil in them. It just looks like the spark plugs have oil on them.

Yes, that is correct from what I can see

sporadic 09-21-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10FOCISES (Post 4366074)
I noticed a slightly irregular idle yesterday, hence the reason i wanted to check the plugs/coils. Now, I imagine I'd need to clean out all the oil prior to re-installing the coils & attempting to make it to the mech to look at it?

Clean off what you can, re-install the plugs/COPS and take it to your mechanic (which might be you).

10FOCISES 09-21-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sporadic (Post 4366119)
Clean off what you can, re-install the plugs/COPS and take it to your mechanic (which might be you).

Thanks for the info. Cleaning it out the best I can & headed to the mech to get it fixed. [mad]

VEGAS 09-21-2012 11:24 AM

2010? should be warranty

10FOCISES 09-21-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VEGAS (Post 4366147)
2010? should be warranty

I'm out of bumper to bumper, and at 48850 mileage. Would this be covered under the power train warranty? I suspect it's a wear & tear item.

VEGAS 09-21-2012 11:50 AM

yes, its a Engine item, it should be powertrain

VEGAS 09-21-2012 11:52 AM

timing gear, valve cover, flywheel, oil pump, water pump, and seals and gaskets are covered


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.