Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Technical Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   dash vibration (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298132)

dhoff024 09-21-2012 12:57 AM

dash vibration

I had this problem about a yr back and the car was under warranty they replaced the gauge cluster seemed to be fine for a while now I am out of warranty and I am getting a vibration again and its super annoying happens alot when its cold out and seems to go away or be less when its warm if you put your hand on the dash above the cluster it stops it also seems to vibrate when I'm braking down a steep hill I installed a set of drilled and slotted rotors and they seem to hum sometimes when going down hill which causes the vibration any help is appreciated.

NateDiz 11-18-2012 11:40 AM

same problem

I have this same problem. Not sure where to start. Vibration is super loud when the car is cold and goes away when i accelerate or when the car is completely warm. A couple forums point to a collapsed motor mount. But im not 100% convinced

katiekay 11-18-2012 11:59 AM

Passenger side motor mount will cause this.Be sure to replace it with an OEM one because the aftermartket ones you can get at autoparts stores are junk. Some people say that it is best to change all 3 mounts at the same time to prevent excessive wear.

amc49 11-19-2012 02:48 AM

Doing it worse when cold and getting better once engine good and warm screams mount, especially passenger one.

katkrazy2007 11-19-2012 12:16 PM

I get this too most of the time. When my car was at the shop, they supposedly checked the motor mounts but maybe some not so bright person messed with it and screwed it up. I don't know, but its frustrating.

FordService 11-20-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katkrazy2007 (Post 4461899)
I get this too most of the time. When my car was at the shop, they supposedly checked the motor mounts but maybe some not so bright person messed with it and screwed it up. I don't know, but its frustrating.

Hi katkrazy2007,

Did you go to a Ford dealership? They're going to be your best bet when it comes to accurate repair. If you did visit a dealership, you're always welcome to get a second opinion at a different dealership.

If you have any questions, send me a PM.

Thanks!
Crystal

katkrazy2007 11-20-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService (Post 4463342)
Hi katkrazy2007,

Did you go to a Ford dealership? They're going to be your best bet when it comes to accurate repair. If you did visit a dealership, you're always welcome to get a second opinion at a different dealership.

If you have any questions, send me a PM.

Thanks!
Crystal

It wasn't a dealership that looked at this particular thing. But I've also heard many Focus owners say that they just tend to get some normal vibration. I'm thinking it may also be a Focus thing.

Benton14 11-23-2012 10:20 AM

Won't the plastic stop rattling when the cabin gets up to temperature? Only vibrate I have so far is the passenger door which was set at the first service. Car is only a year old with 21k kilometers though so maybe more will create as the season goes on...