Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   2012 Se Hatch trade in values???? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297305)

Jig Saw 09-09-2012 07:03 PM

2012 Se Hatch trade in values????
 
Whats the average trade in for a 2012 Se hatch auto with about 9100 miles? Just curious due to the cheap price of the ST.

suss6052 09-09-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jig Saw (Post 4344472)
Whats the average trade in for a 2012 Se hatch auto with about 9100 miles? Just curious due to the cheap price of the ST.

I don't know off hand, but there were reports of people being offered between 12-14k for a similar car when they wanted over 16-18k, but a new one was available for that much so why would the dealer pay you that much for a used one?

Jig Saw 09-09-2012 07:18 PM

That's what I figured. Thanks.

2012silversel 09-09-2012 08:19 PM

Not an SE, but I traded my 2012 SEL hatch with 11500 miles for $16500 and they listed it for $18955. I don't know what they got for it, but it was off their web site and sold in less than a week.

RockyD 09-09-2012 08:45 PM

Yesterday I was offered 17k for a loaded Ti with 3k miles. Again, not an SE but it may give you an idea of where you'd be.

Elizabeth 09-09-2012 10:37 PM

Why trade in? Why not sell it yourself and SAVE $3,000.?
...All you would lose is the sales tax if your state has sales taxes.

((Also remember when you DO trade in, you save all that sales tax, and $15,000 in sales taxes is around (5%) $750. up to (9%) $1,350 saved just for trading in...))

TehMark 09-10-2012 11:02 AM

http://www.truecar.com/ was mentioned in a thread a few days back. You can put in your options and it'll give you a price.

TboneZX3 09-10-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TehMark (Post 4345831)
http://www.truecar.com/ was mentioned in a thread a few days back. You can put in your options and it'll give you a price.

That would be for a new car's actual price vs. sticker price.

If you want a trade-in value, look at http://www.nadaguides.com/ Keep in mind this is just a guideline.

MyThIc3LiTe 09-10-2012 11:29 AM

You'd come off better if you could sell privately but I can understand that if you want an ST it might be easier to just lose 2-3k on potential value and have the dealer handle everything.

TehMark 09-10-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TboneZX3 (Post 4345852)
That would be for a new car's actual price vs. sticker price.

If you want a trade-in value, look at http://www.nadaguides.com/ Keep in mind this is just a guideline.

I must have been looking at something else. You're absolutely correct.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.