Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   2012 Focus SEL Nav upgrade? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297231)

Mithan 09-08-2012 07:58 PM

2012 Focus SEL Nav upgrade?

I was at the dealership today looking at a 2012 Focus SEL with MyTouch but it doesn't have navigation.

The entire POINT IMO to getting a car with a nice screen in it like this IS the damn navigation, else why not just get the regular SE and save $3-5k overall? I don't need a 8" LCD for changing the AC/Radio or BlueTooth.

Anyways, the car salesman called the garage and they told him that right now it can't be done but that Ford is working on a Navigation upgrade, but that it would go for about $800 or so (which is fine by me).

Has anybody else heard this?

If I knew this for FACT, I would purchase the 2012 Focus SEL I was looking at today, but otherwise, there is no point.

hotleadsingerguy 09-08-2012 08:15 PM

BULL[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*

Don't believe a single lying word that comes out of their mouths. I was told a year and a half ago I could upgrade too, and I still have no Nav. When I pre-ordered the car the *only* thing I demanded the car had was full navigation system. The dealership screwed me over and left me with a car without the Nav system. I was told time and time again that adding it would be possible soon...

...and here we are a year and a half later and every Ford tech is still saying it's not possible. I've been working on doing it myself, but Ford is being *COMPLETELY* unhelpful in the entire situation. They won't even give me part numbers for any of the modules in the car, so I've had to get them from others with the car.

Mithan 09-08-2012 11:21 PM

Well that is stupid.

You would think they would release a press statement or something.

TuxedoBlack 09-08-2012 11:51 PM

I got a used 2012 SE that was pretty barebone (didn't even have navigation or SYNC). The dealer sweetened the pot in me getting the car by throwing in an aftermarket Alpine blue tooth navigation unit. They had it built into the dash and it is absolutely AMAZING. My only issue is that its not yet integrated with the steering wheel, but I will be getting that done in about a week. If you truly want Navigation, i would advise you go that route and just get a lower model SE and have the dealership or some other shop throw in an integrated nav system for like 1k more.

Mithan 09-09-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuxedoBlack (Post 4342858)
I got a used 2012 SE that was pretty barebone (didn't even have navigation or SYNC). The dealer sweetened the pot in me getting the car by throwing in an aftermarket Alpine blue tooth navigation unit. They had it built into the dash and it is absolutely AMAZING. My only issue is that its not yet integrated with the steering wheel, but I will be getting that done in about a week. If you truly want Navigation, i would advise you go that route and just get a lower model SE and have the dealership or some other shop throw in an integrated nav system for like 1k more.

Problem is, I like the Leather, heated seats and all the other features in the SEL version. The one I found has everything I want, except the Navigation. It feels like what a car should feel like in 2013.

Do you have pictures though of your interior?

TuxedoBlack 09-09-2012 12:35 AM

I took this at night, so pardon the glare:

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/556/navsystem.jpg

Burns098356GX 09-09-2012 12:43 AM

Weren't they coming up with some feature in MFT that allowed google maps to be displayed on the cars screen via blutooth on your phone?

hotleadsingerguy 09-09-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burns098356GX (Post 4343028)
Weren't they coming up with some feature in MFT that allowed google maps to be displayed on the cars screen via blutooth on your phone?

Also not true. Why would they add a feature like that? There's no incentive for Ford to do it.

MyThIc3LiTe 09-09-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy (Post 4343560)
Also not true. Why would they add a feature like that? There's no incentive for Ford to do it.

It would run through app links or even AirPlay with Apple devices.