Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus-Power Tuning (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Mazda forums think you can't tune the new St (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297210)

hardSVT 09-08-2012 01:54 PM

Mazda forums think you can't tune the new St

Long story short the Mazda tuners are getting in the focus world because of the new ST
They think focus tuners will be behind in tuning the new ST I'm standing up for the focus community
I listed all the focus tuners and this is what someone said
This is not a post to bash on any forums or Mazda peps
If you take this post the wrong way get over it

What do you think Turbotom

This is what someone posted

This isn't the old focus... this is a brand new platform. FSwerks has been building and tuning PI durtec engines.... this is a whole new ball game. The new 2.0 (both N/A and turboed) employ a DI fuel system. Which no focus has previously used.... however, this new Focus fueling system looks remarkably similar to the MS3... which Cobb just so happens to have a little experience in.

This is also the first turbo charged Focus from the factory. That means ECU complexity that FSwerks has never even heard of. STC has made a tuning solution (most likely the software fswerks tunes with) for every previous model focus... yet they haven't even released the software for the 2012 NA focus. They keep stringing everyone along telling them this is a very complicated ECU and they are still working things out.

Which would you rather have.. a complany who is familiar with building tuner turbo kits for port injected cars... or a industry leading company who specializes in factory turbo charged cars with direct injected fueling systems.

Maybe you should do a little research before handing out such advice.

mikebontoft 09-08-2012 02:18 PM

uh sounds like an unofficial company rep to me.

so if that's true then... Cobb just magically knew how to tune Mazdas? NO! they had to learn the new structure, learn how to make the best results from it and put it out on the market. Our guys will do the same.

sounds like some of these guys can't wrap their heads around how computers work. its not that bad. lol.

MotorcityJAX 09-08-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebontoft (Post 4341841)

so if that's true then... Cobb just magically knew how to tune Mazdas? NO! they had to learn the new structure, learn how to make the best results from it and put it out on the market. Our guys will do the same.

sounds like some of these guys can't wrap their heads around how computers work. its not that bad. lol.

100% agree, it just takes a little time and some computer sims to get it on the market, these people know what they are doing

1turbofocus 09-08-2012 02:59 PM

Yep sounds like Mazda guys

Yes the new Duratec is a lot like the mazda and I have been playing with them for some time , Changing pump gears for more fuel PSI , porting the heads , built many of the engines for the Mazda guys

This isnt new and it isnt rocket science , I am of high hope that SCT will have tuning for the 2012 and the ST as well as the upcoming RS

In 2009 after a hugh pissing contest cobb released FREE tuning software but you had to buy a AP (Access Port) for right at 700.00 , I have seen and used all the maps and done tuning on them

All I can say is I hope SCT comes out with a good working product with access to everything needed to properly tune the New Focus ECU

Does SCT have Tuning yet no , will they have it I do feel they will after all if cobb can do it does that mean no one else can ?

Tom

joesperformance 09-08-2012 08:43 PM

IDK on the newer vehicle's, but on my old Mazda, I used Megasquirt, it was ok, no one near as good as SCT, but it did the job

Blue5ive 09-08-2012 10:38 PM

I have heard Cobb is actually working or going to be working on the new ST software to come up with a tune. So if sct doesn't then Cobb will. At least that's what Cobb tuning says.

joesperformance 09-08-2012 10:40 PM

Im hoping SCT does, I've always been happy with their products in the past... I have ZERO complaints about SCT, thus reason I keep buying from them....

Blivit 09-09-2012 02:43 AM

...good things will be coming from SCT.....that's all I can say right now.

MotorcityJAX 09-09-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blivit (Post 4343191)
...good things will be coming from SCT.....that's all I can say right now.

That's what I like to hear....

Just enough to get me excited, and keep me intrigued

amoosenamedhank 09-09-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardSVT (Post 4341822)
Long story short the Mazda tuners are getting in the focus world because of the new ST
They think focus tuners will be behind in tuning the new ST I'm standing up for the focus community
I listed all the focus tuners and this is what someone said

This is what someone posted

This isn't the old focus... this is a brand new platform. FSwerks has been building and tuning PI durtec engines.... this is a whole new ball game. The new 2.0 (both N/A and turboed) employ a DI fuel system. Which no focus has previously used.... however, this new Focus fueling system looks remarkably similar to the MS3... which Cobb just so happens to have a little experience in.

This is also the first turbo charged Focus from the factory. That means ECU complexity that FSwerks has never even heard of. STC has made a tuning solution (most likely the software fswerks tunes with) for every previous model focus... yet they haven't even released the software for the 2012 NA focus. They keep stringing everyone along telling them this is a very complicated ECU and they are still working things out.

Which would you rather have.. a complany who is familiar with building tuner turbo kits for port injected cars... or a industry leading company who specializes in factory turbo charged cars with direct injected fueling systems.

Maybe you should do a little research before handing out such advice.

Are you serious OP... you tell me you don't want to start a typing war on MSF and then you come on here and complain about me.

Cobb rep.... yeah I wish. Maybe if you took 3 seconds to look at my sig on msf, you would have saw that I own a focus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikebontoft (Post 4341841)

You hit the nail on the head here buddy. Cobb didn't learn over night.... it's taken them many years to start learning and releasing different function with in the extremely complex Mazda ECU. Now they have years of experience tuning direct injected factory turbocharged engines over the competition. I don't think the Focus community has any idea the complexity that is involved in these ECU's.... you will and then you maybe start to understand my comments.