Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Car Cursed By Hail (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297187)

MC1992 09-08-2012 12:06 AM

Car Cursed By Hail

Believe it or not, my car just got hailed today again after one month, ONE MONTH after it got fixed from the first hail damage. [mecry] The first damage was light with a few deep ones and that cost a little over $2,000. This one today was like golf ball size hail while I was on hwy 63 between Stadium and Broadway in Columbia, MO. Everybody just stopped for like 5 minutes and the road turned into a parking lot with warning blinkers going off on every car. You can't see a thing out the window but heavy rains and a lot of hail, trees bending like they were about to break and leaves flying at a astonishing rate. All radio stations had the weather warning going on and my friend back at the house that the whole town was covered under a big red dot on the weather radar. It was the most terrifying experience I have ever had! It hailed so hard that my rear view mirror vibrated from the impact on the roof. I seriously thought my car was going to be totaled. So unhappy right now.

mikebontoft 09-08-2012 12:34 AM

oh no... have you looked at the damage?

my car just got hailed only a week into ownership. fortunately I haven't found any dents yet but it knocked the dome lamp lens on the ground!

GoldenHour 09-08-2012 12:47 AM

if only you had pictures!

arjay219 09-08-2012 12:53 AM

Dude I go to MU! And mine was sitting in my apartment parking lot when the downpour came. I heard a couple pieces of pea sized hail hit my window. I was freaking out too because my cobalt got totaled this past April with that nasty storm through STL (hence my fofo now). I hope it's not too bad or totaled buddy. It's a horrible experience

MC1992 09-08-2012 01:29 AM

No it's not going to be totaled, just slightly worst than last time. But the experience sure felt like it, especially when you're in the car when it happens. I looked at it around 7 tonight, but not enough light to see all the damages, definitely a few more heavier dimples than last time though. Apparently north of Columbia, the hail was not enough to damage cars, which where my duplex was. Just sucks, because I had to go buy tickets to see Fun for my friend and I because my other friend who was in line a few hours before can only buy two tickets at a time(we needed four), that was the rule, two tickets per person. I waited an hour and twenty minutes; hot, hungry, and exhausted. All I wanted was to go home, but no I got hit by the worst part of the storm in town on the highway with a bunch of out-of-towners crowding the road for the big football game tomorrow. My car was damaged just because I had to buy tickets to see Fun with my friends for the fun, but ended up with no fun. This concert better be worth the fun. BTW a friend of mine living on campus at MU said when the hail hit everyone was darting for cover. He said it was something of a sight to see alright.

MC1992 09-08-2012 01:35 AM

Oh, as for pictures it's very hard to pick up, because the Focus is silver. Believe me I tried when I took pictures of it this pass June for records for the first hail damage. Missouri is just a sucker for hails as for late. Damage is light and moderate, varies all over the hood, roof, and side pillars. This time was more moderate than light.

geoxman 09-08-2012 06:13 AM

by the time that storm got to Clayton it just puttered a few small pieces of hail. I was lucky and I was parked under a large oak and had no damage. Sorry to hear about your car!

DEREKC 09-08-2012 08:47 AM

My car is in the shop right now being fixed for the hail that we had here in Ottawa about a month and a half ago. The insurance company quoted $8000 in damage.

edge10 09-08-2012 10:40 PM

Went by the Ford dealer here in Columbia MO today and all the cars are peppered with small hail dents, including the new ST. :(

Sorry about your experience.