Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK2 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Transmission took a dump (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297184)

patatoe 09-07-2012 11:11 PM

Transmission took a dump
 
So a couple weeks ago my motor mounts went bad, and I had to have them replaced. My transmission is over revving going from 2nd to 3rd, and most of the time when I switch from P-R-D the it slams into gear. I brought it into Eagle Transmission in Austin, and they quoted me $2300-$3100 to rebuild it. First time needing a new tranny haha.

Oh I also have 61,745miles think a dealer would negotiate a price with me or still let me use the 60k warranty?

cmmike1 09-08-2012 12:04 AM

it wouldn't hurt to ask but my guess is no they won't help you. might be cheaper to find a junker and swap the trans.

Red Jay 918 09-08-2012 12:52 AM

this is your chance to find the 4 speed auto out of an 09-10 SES coupe. shorter final drive = quicker acceleration

Elizabeth 09-08-2012 09:45 AM

I hate to say that plenty of transmission places really just want your money, all your money.
Simple problems are turned into 'replace/rebuild tranny.. all the time.
Seriously get another opinion.
Better yet two.

DinDan306 09-08-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 4341558)
I hate to say that plenty of transmission places really just want your money, all your money.
Simple problems are turned into 'replace/rebuild tranny.. all the time.
Seriously get another opinion.
Better yet two.


Totally agreed.

patatoe 09-08-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinDan306 (Post 4341646)
Totally agreed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 4341558)
I hate to say that plenty of transmission places really just want your money, all your money.
Simple problems are turned into 'replace/rebuild tranny.. all the time.
Seriously get another opinion.
Better yet two.

Yeah I am bringing it to Aamco and a Ford dealership this week to get a couple more diagnoses. Eagle said they had to open it up to see exactly what was going wrong.

Miller88 09-09-2012 08:38 AM

It's unfortunate, but the auto in these cars is related to the extreme failure prone CD4E.

What is the condition of the transmission fluid - what is the color? How many times has it been changed?

It's possible the solenoids are bad.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Jay 918 (Post 4341316)
this is your chance to find the 4 speed auto out of an 09-10 SES coupe. shorter final drive = quicker acceleration

The computer would have to be reprogrammed, otherwise he'll get a CEL code for incorrect gear ratio. They're picky.

patatoe 09-09-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miller88 (Post 4343383)
It's unfortunate, but the auto in these cars is related to the extreme failure prone CD4E.

What is the condition of the transmission fluid - what is the color? How many times has it been changed?

It's possible the solenoids are bad.




The computer would have to be reprogrammed, otherwise he'll get a CEL code for incorrect gear ratio. They're picky.

The fluid is pink with a little gray. Both firestone and the transmission shop said it was okay, but recommended changing it anyway. I've never had it changed.

Rabbitccc 09-10-2012 02:07 PM

Is there any chance something got messed up during the motor mount change. Just throwing it out there.

redwake 09-10-2012 02:28 PM

$2.3k is high.. Shop


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp