Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Forced Induction (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Vacuum Line questions (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297134)

drunkyoda 09-07-2012 10:15 AM

Vacuum Line questions

Hey guys im kinda curious, i think this is one of the last things i need to find out.

So i have this SPA kit and not installed yet, but it has this big gay thing that goes on the top on the throttle body. needless to say i dont want it on there. I think it has a vacuum plug in it or two for the lines.

how do you guys have your vacuum lines running? Lets see if im correct here. Wastegate line goes to turbo? BOV line goes to intake manifold? where do i T-off for the Boost gauge?

inis 09-07-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkyoda (Post 4340129)
Hey guys im kinda curious, i think this is one of the last things i need to find out.

So i have this SPA kit and not installed yet, but it has this big gay thing that goes on the top on the throttle body. needless to say i dont want it on there. I think it has a vacuum plug in it or two for the lines.

how do you guys have your vacuum lines running? Lets see if im correct here. Wastegate line goes to turbo? BOV line goes to intake manifold? where do i T-off for the Boost gauge?

boost gauge can go anywhere on intake mani, so you can tee off the wastegate or bov but my preference is direct off the intake mani. Also make sure you put a check valve inline to the mastercylinder.

Rest of what you posted looks good.

drunkyoda 09-07-2012 01:29 PM

could anyone post some pics of how they have it? it would be really helpful.

sporadic 09-07-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inis (Post 4340492)
boost gauge can go anywhere on intake mani, so you can tee off the wastegate or bov but my preference is direct off the intake mani. Also make sure you put a check valve inline to the mastercylinder.

Rest of what you posted looks good.

I don't have a check valve to the master cylinder. Anyone else?

burke_024 09-07-2012 02:26 PM

i do

inis 09-07-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sporadic (Post 4340534)
I don't have a check valve to the master cylinder. Anyone else?

master cylinder will prematurely die, they are not made to see pressure.

sporadic 09-07-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inis (Post 4340629)
master cylinder will prematurely die, they are not made to see pressure.

It makes sense and I've thought about that. I actually assumed there was already one in the 90* fitting that goes into the intake manifold until I cut it off the other day and found it to be hollow.
Have a link to a the check valve you use?

Mother Focus 09-07-2012 03:30 PM

You must have one, braking without one is pretty tough.

To the op, you mean a fitting in the charge pipe over the throttle? That is for the IAC.

ZXthrizzle05 09-07-2012 03:34 PM

Shane just come see my car and ull see all the vac lines n whewre they go

inis 09-07-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sporadic (Post 4340652)
It makes sense and I've thought about that. I actually assumed there was already one in the 90* fitting that goes into the intake manifold until I cut it off the other day and found it to be hollow.
Have a link to a the check valve you use?

I use a honda check valve from the junkyard, they have a tan ring and are found on the firewall on the drivers side. I've tested them up to 30psi and 20in/hg with no leaks either way. Alot of srt4 guys are starting to use them too.