Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Red Console Panels (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297117)

AlexD 09-07-2012 12:58 AM

Red Console Panels

Hi everyone,

Anyone knows from where I can buy this kind of panels (black/grey colour). I want to remove the red ones I have. Is there any method to remove them and not do any damage?

Thanks

[IMG]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5048/redconsole.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

matmatician 09-07-2012 01:04 AM

I usually use a website called AndysAutoSport.com, but they don't have anything for the 2012's... I'll see if i can find another website. My advice would be to maybe try to find one that's been totaled and maybe get them out of there? Its worth a shot...

Also, Welcome to Focus Fanatics! It's the best Focus forum out there :)

Timthom62 09-07-2012 01:18 AM

You can find them at the fordparts.com site choosing the category Body and subcategory Console. Entering your VIN before searching should narrow down the results to those that would apply to your trim level.

As a start, you can search for part number 044H82 which would be the trim panel around the shift lever.

dyn085 09-07-2012 08:45 AM

Actually, you will probably need the vin of a car that doesn't have the Tuscany package, and then your parts dept. should be able to locate it for you[thumb]

Timthom62 09-07-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timthom62 (Post 4339711)
You can find them at the fordparts.com site choosing the category Body and subcategory Console. Entering your VIN before searching should narrow down the results to those that would apply to your trim level.

When I put in my VIN (black leather interior) it showed me the interior options for my interior, Arctic White, and Tuscany Red. It also showed the console options for the manual transmission, probably because it was an option on the SEL elsewhere.

jdubhack 09-07-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timthom62 (Post 4339903)
When I put in my VIN (black leather interior) it showed me the interior options for my interior, Arctic White, and Tuscany Red. It also showed the console options for the manual transmission, probably because it was an option on the SEL elsewhere.

Dyn is saying that providing another VIN to the dealer will provide them a part's list and they should be able to identify exactly what it is that you're looking for.

Timthom62 09-07-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdubhack (Post 4339905)
Dyn is saying that providing another VIN to the dealer will provide them a part's list and they should be able to identify exactly what it is that you're looking for.

I wasn't actually responding to his post, as it wasn't actually there yet when I opened the thread this morning. I was attempting to provide further info for my previous post.

I'll go back and add quotes to make that clear though, cause it does look as if I'm responding to dyn085. As the OP is in the UAE, I'm not sure how viable the dealer option is.

wgilles 09-07-2012 09:55 AM

Check out eBay and the Ford Parts site. You don't need the VIN of a car without it, just search by model and year. It will take some digging, but they are definitely in the Ford Parts site, I've seen them. Just select the color you want and order them.

feta_mgp 09-07-2012 10:42 AM

If you want black/grey, you may have to wait for the ST if you've got the MFT system. The SEL trim is a weird beige metallic and the Titanium has a silver (or "titanium") color. The ST though should have black.

jdubhack 09-07-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timthom62 (Post 4339918)
I wasn't actually responding to his post, as it wasn't actually there yet when I opened the thread this morning. I was attempting to provide further info for my previous post.

I'll go back and add quotes to make that clear though, cause it does look as if I'm responding to dyn085. As the OP is in the UAE, I'm not sure how viable the dealer option is.

No worries!