Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   dam mechanics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297038)

c03morrison 09-06-2012 08:54 AM

dam mechanics
 
so i just got a set of tires and was having them put on by the shop i work at while i went to class for a cple hrs. got a call from my boss saying there was a problem with the tire size and width of my rim. i have 17x7 and was getting a 215/45/17 tire put on so i didnt see the prob. had to end up taking the rims and tires to a firestone down the st because we didnt have the correct tire mounting machine and after my mech got one bead on they couldnt get the second on because they didnt realize it was a reverse mount rim. so it took firestone a good 25 minutes to take the tire off that my mech tried installing which led to them scratching my lip on that wheel. they felt bad they did it but said there was nothing they could of done because my mech screwed up so they didnt charge me. so now i have a couple scratched on the face of my lip and on one of the spokes. so i am now trying to figure out what color lip and spoke i want to paint them. i did a few ps so tell me what you think i should go through and do.

red
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...MG_8215red.jpg

orange
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...8215orange.jpg

bronze
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...8215bronze.jpg

black
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j..._8215black.jpg

i think the more and more i look at them i like the black because it is a meaner look and i feel that a lot of colors are hard to match with my car unless it was colormatched

05focusST91 09-06-2012 09:14 AM

That sucks man, i put my own tires on mounted and balanced and had no problem with the same size, definitley do bronze or black besides gold all other colors are ugly

LouBomb 09-06-2012 09:19 AM

blavk or bronze

Minchkin 09-06-2012 09:29 AM

I don't mind the orange. And I don't think I would mind any fluorescent color.

sixshooter 09-06-2012 09:51 AM

I like the bronze or black

LiciouzSVT 09-06-2012 10:00 AM

The orange look figgin schmexy but it doesn't really match anything. So another vote for black or bronze. Sorry about the tough luck bro.

rambleon84 09-06-2012 12:07 PM

your shop probably doesnt have a machine for low profile tires, thats probably what the issue was. as for colors, i dont like the bright ones...they just to mesh with the rest of the car. i like the black the best.

c03morrison 09-06-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05focusST91 (Post 4338210)
That sucks man, i put my own tires on mounted and balanced and had no problem with the same size,

how do you manage to do it yourself. do you have a shop you work at?


Quote:

Originally Posted by LiciouzSVT (Post 4338312)
The orange look figgin schmexy but it doesn't really match anything. So another vote for black or bronze. Sorry about the tough luck bro.

ya i think thats the only one i would of considered doing but it does suck having a color that doesnt match anything other then the basics, but i also like having a color that not many people on this forum have.

im still considering the color matched lip and spoke to my car but i dont wanna go and spend 150+ on paint, clear and all the mixers needed. i hate being a broke college kid

c03morrison 09-06-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambleon84 (Post 4338509)
your shop probably doesnt have a machine for low profile tires, thats probably what the issue was.

it wasnt so much because they couldnt mount the lower profile tire because its a body shop and i have seen them do a lot lower profiled tires because there are a bunch of cars out there that come stock with a 45 series tire like the most recent was a scion tc which has the same size as mine. it was because the normal rim gets a tire mounted with the face of the rim facing up and mine needs to get them mounted face down and their is two diff styles of tire mounting machines which the one i needed they did not have but they still tried anyway. i think it should of been a sign when they needed both mechanics for like 45 mins to try and get the old tire off the rim. i just hope my boss gives me a bit more of a discount because they got damaged.

lyonsroar 09-06-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c03morrison (Post 4338532)
it wasnt so much because they couldnt mount the lower profile tire because its a body shop and i have seen them do a lot lower profiled tires because there are a bunch of cars out there that come stock with a 45 series tire like the most recent was a scion tc which has the same size as mine. it was because the normal rim gets a tire mounted with the face of the rim facing up and mine needs to get them mounted face down and their is two diff styles of tire mounting machines which the one i needed they did not have but they still tried anyway. i think it should of been a sign when they needed both mechanics for like 45 mins to try and get the old tire off the rim. i just hope my boss gives me a bit more of a discount because they got damaged.

Holy 4 sentences batman!


First thing I would do is get the shop that scratched them to pay for powdercoating...[drummer]


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 PM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp