Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Sync With Myford touch V 3.2 release coming soon (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296653)

suss6052 09-01-2012 12:07 AM

Sync With Myford touch V 3.2 release coming soon

Well it looks like they are pushing it to the Taurus/MKS/MKT/MKX/Edge/Explorer and Flex first so the announcement isn't that helpful yet, they claimed to have resolved the following issues:

"Customers with the above referenced vehicles may experience the following concerns with their MyFord
Touch / MyLincoln Touch technology. The MyFord Touch / MyLincoln Touch Software Release v3.2 will address the following conditions and provide all previous performance upgrade enhancements:
*Missing radio preset text
*Radio stays on key off after opening the door
*Voice recognition inoperative - pressing the push to talk button on the steering wheel does not initiate audio prompt "please say a command"; only Listening icon is displayed
*Sirius travel link fuel prices show as unsubscribed when it is subscribed"

The bad news is they say "NOTE: The 2012 Focus and 2013 Escape are not a part of this TSB notification. The new software is still
undergoing testing and available updates will be subject of a future announcement."

This is per TSB 12-9-1. So it should be available soon, I believe the software is already available to the dealers, but they aren't supposed to put it on a Focus or Escape yet, but if its the same software why the hell not?

macatron 09-01-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suss6052 (Post 4331063)
The bad news is they say "NOTE: The 2012 Focus and 2013 Escape are not a part of this TSB notification. The new software is still undergoing testing and available updates will be subject of a future announcement."

This is per TSB 12-9-1. So it should be available soon, I believe the software is already available to the dealers, but they aren't supposed to put it on a Focus or Escape yet, but if its the same software why the hell not?

Hmmm...that's a very good point! I don't understand why it wouldn't work on our vehicles either. [scratch]

On a side note, that sure is a short list of fixes.

suss6052 09-01-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macatron (Post 4331088)
Hmmm...that's a very good point! I don't understand why it wouldn't work on our vehicles either. [scratch]

On a side note, that sure is a short list of fixes.

From what I gather they say a cleanly formatted 2.0 GB flash drive is needed and its likely that the update is at least 700 MB afaik. So hopefully its more than just those things listed that get fixed.

macatron 09-01-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suss6052 (Post 4331095)
From what I gather they say a cleanly formatted 2.0 GB flash drive is needed and its likely that the update is at least 700 MB afaik. So hopefully its more than just those things listed that get fixed.

Well, that's definitely a good sign then. [hihi] Maybe they are treating this like Apple treats an iOS launch. They only really promulgate the key features and updates, but there are still a ton of other fixes and updates included. Fingers crossed! [popcorn]

Kabigon 09-01-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suss6052 (Post 4331063)

Maybe it's not exactly the same. For example, I believe there are controls for the ambient lighting in certain versions of MFT (which don't apply to the Focus).

Is the current revsion level of MFT for the Taurus/MKS/MKT/MKX/Edge/Explorer and Flex similar to that of the Focus?

forceflow2 09-01-2012 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabigon (Post 4331122)
Maybe it's not exactly the same. For example, I believe there are controls for the ambient lighting in certain versions of MFT (which don't apply to the Focus).

Is the current revsion level of MFT for the Taurus/MKS/MKT/MKX/Edge/Explorer and Flex similar to that of the Focus?

If I remember correctly, according to Jaclyn it's the exact same software. Maybe they're creating two different ones now, but who knows. On a side note: Really? That's all it fixes? Over 6 months and that's the changelog? Really?

EDIT: Here we go: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showp...81&postcount=6

suss6052 09-01-2012 08:48 AM

From the description given by our resident IVT member it seems that the software is supposed to be the exact same, but I guess that the module knows what its in charge of and then only displays those features? I can't confirm that this version works with our cars, this was only meant to be a heads up that its coming and that the software is already available for other MFT equipped vehicles so it should theoretically not take long before it was available to Focus owners with this hardware.

I Bleed Ford Blue 09-01-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabigon (Post 4331122)

The upscale models also have the seat heater controls integrated into the MFT.

Dysan911 09-01-2012 09:09 AM

Of all the bugs we have been experiencing with MFT. I would certainly hope an update worth having will include way more than that short list of 4 items.

paladin732 09-01-2012 09:53 AM

If it was just those few issues, it would be a 3.03 release (the one in our cars is 3.02, right?). The releasse from (iirc) 2.10 to 2.11 was more involved then that, so going from 3.02-->3.2 says its decently large