Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Bluetooth with MFT and Android 4.0.4 (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296223)

MGbox 08-27-2012 12:03 AM

Bluetooth with MFT and Android 4.0.4

Since upgrading my Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE (SGH-I727R) from Android 2.3.4 to 4.0.4 a few months ago I've had trouble keeping my phone connected to the the bluetooth in my car.

Connects fine every start up. But every 2-3 minutes it randomly disconnects which prompts a large pop up on the MFT system saying it's trying to reconnect, which 20-30 seconds later it usually does. This is quite annoying if you're trying to do something else on the system like change radio station or browse music, etc, because it only gives you the option to cancel the attempt to reconnect instead of letting you minimize the popup.

The bluetooth has never dropped during an active call. But if it disconnects as you're approaching someones house and you wanna call to let them know you're here, it's quite annoying and defeats the whole purpose of having bluetooth in a car.

Anyone else experienced this or have a fix? I've searched other android related sites without finding a solution.

oritpro 08-27-2012 12:28 AM

Yes, this happens to me once in a blue moon but usually corrects itself in a day or two without any action on my part.

I've found a couple of work-arounds though:
1. Turn bluetooth off on your phone for a few seconds, re-enable and it should re-connect automatically. If not, connect through the bluetooth menu on your phone.
2. Reboot phone.

I am running CM9 stable release (Android v4.04).

Burns098356GX 08-27-2012 12:30 AM

Have you tried a different phone? I have Droid ICS and have no problems.

feta_mgp 08-27-2012 10:04 AM

This is a phone issue not an MFT issue.

See the sticky MFT thread there's a good article on it in one of the last posts.

Basically... the Bluetooth interface the car uses is ubiquitous and allows for almost all compatible Bluetooth devices, in a phone however they use Bluetooth drivers specific to the hardware and sometimes those drivers aren't really tested well or written well, and lead to issues. So when you upgraded to 4.0, the Bluetooth driver probably updated as well, and that's giving you the issue, not the car.

FordIVTteam 08-31-2012 11:15 AM

Hey everyone -

Like, feta_mgp said, this is an issue with the phone and not MyFord Touch. Many Android users have experienced concerns after the recent 4.0 (Ice Cream sandwich) update.

Any time an update is made to your phone or SYNC, we recommend resetting the system and pairing your phone again. Below are instructions for how to perform a Master Reset as well as Reverse Pair your phone. Certain phones hold the best connection when paired this way so I highly suggest giving it a try. Instead of the usual process where your phone finds SYNC, SYNC will find your phone:

http://Support.Ford.com/sync-technol...c-myford-touch

http://Support.Ford.com/sync-technol...c-myford-touch

Let me know if this helps or if you have any questions.

Jaclyn

pozi240 08-31-2012 12:22 PM

Jaclyns advice is spot on. When I upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Nexus to 4.1 (Jellybean), I had the same issues, I actually called the tech support line and they suggested the above (erasing the phone in Sync and on the device) and pairing the phone from scratch again. Over a month later, it's still working fine in multiple Fords.

FordIVTteam 09-04-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pozi240 (Post 4330226)
Jaclyns advice is spot on. When I upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Nexus to 4.1 (Jellybean), I had the same issues, I actually called the tech support line and they suggested the above (erasing the phone in Sync and on the device) and pairing the phone from scratch again. Over a month later, it's still working fine in multiple Fords.

Glad to hear it, pozi240, thanks for sharing! [:)]

Jaclyn

Burns098356GX 09-05-2012 08:06 AM

Not to hijack the thread but I'm running android 4.3. Txt messages started showing up on my MFT screen, but after a master reset to the system, they no longer show up. Can I remedy this or change a setting to re-enable this? I rather like that feature.

pozi240 09-05-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burns098356GX (Post 4336459)
android 4.3.

[confused] ? 4.0.3 maybe? Most users are on a version of 4.0.4 ICS, only a few devices (officially) are on 4.1 JellyBean, there is nothing above 4.1 ... yet. My wife had text capability on Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread), upgraded to 4.0.3 IceCreamSandwich and lost that ability, but, just recently upgraded again to version 4.0.4 ICS and got it back again. I don't have the ability on 4.1 JB either.... but that could be the device itself (Galaxy Nexus)

Burns098356GX 09-05-2012 10:06 AM

Ya 4.0.3, my bad. I've for sure seen the text on the touch screen since updating to ICS. I'm just not sure how I've disabled it.