Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   DDM Tuning = scammers (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295910)

p0sitivevibez 08-22-2012 04:22 PM

DDM Tuning = scammers

This was for my bike, but know people purchase from them for Foci...

I bought a 55w Dual slim HID kit from DDM in 2009 for my motorcycle with the lifetime warranty on the ballasts. Fast forward to 2012, one of my ballasts goes bad. I don't even ride that much anymore. So I go to return it. DDM requires the original/invoice number. The old email I used to purchase these is no longer owned by me so I don't have the original order number. But they must have it in their databases like any basic business right? Wrong. I tried contacting customer service via email...that got me nowhere. It's like they didn't even read what I wrote. So I call and speak to John. He says that since they replace their database in 2010, they have no info about any orders made before then. Also informs me that I won't be able to return my ballast even with the lifetime warranty because I don't have the order number.

I feel like I've been scammed. What business upgrades a database and discards all previous orders, while offering friggin lifetime warranties? Guess DDM does. Filed a complaint with BBB and let DDM know how I felt.

Also it's not like I could've bought the ballasts from someone else..they have DDM logos built into the actual ballasts!
Don't order from these scamming pricks! Besides I heard their quality has gone wayyyyy downhill in recent times.

thenorm 08-22-2012 09:12 PM

if they dont have the database, they wouldnt even know if the order # u gave them is legitimate. so give them a random #?

InfraRedSVTF 08-22-2012 10:33 PM

Their "lifetime warranty" means jack shit anyway. I had 2 sets that had ballasts go bad on me within the first few months, and they told me that it must be abuse. A few other people I know had the same problems. I tell everyone I know to steer clear of them.

Joeywhat 08-22-2012 10:48 PM

Like the great Tommy Calahan once said..."Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me."

SVTFocusOnMe 08-23-2012 10:54 AM

Interesting....
I have a friend that goes on and on about get a DDM HID kit they have lifetime warranty blah blah blah, for half the price I go on ebay and get the same thing, have had the same ebay HID kit in my cougar for the last 3 years NO PROBLEMS.

I have bought a fair share of HID kits for my cars and friends cars though and from my experiences I steer clear of the slim ballasts, they don't seem to have the same quality as the larger ones.

xxMichaelAnthony 08-24-2012 12:16 AM

I have never had any problems with them but again they are local to me. Ive always walked in. Friends have never had a problem with warranties from them. Personally I could honestly care less about a lifetime warranty on an HID kit that costs less than a good set of halogens.

mikebontoft 08-24-2012 12:28 AM

you know what business has the same problem? oreillys. no info on checker customers. could not offer warranties on their stuff.

manager power... should work I would hope.

1sloho 08-24-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joeywhat (Post 4317935)
Like the great Tommy Calahan once said..."Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me."

hahaha!! im sorry but, this was hilarious! i love that movie and i read ur post the way he says it in the movie. [offtopic]

p0sitivevibez 08-24-2012 11:26 AM

M
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxMichaelAnthony (Post 4319432)
I have never had any problems with them but again they are local to me. Ive always walked in. Friends have never had a problem with warranties from them. Personally I could honestly care less about a lifetime warranty on an HID kit that costs less than a good set of halogens.

It's the principal of the thing of them telling me I'm SOL cuz they can't manage a database like a functional human. Hell and Excel spreadsheet would've worked. I paid extra back then because of the warrantyand the rave reviews about them. I could've spend $20 on ebay at the time. Also I've recommended them to so many people. Nice to see they've effed other people over as well. Hope they go out of business.

p0sitivevibez 08-24-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenorm (Post 4317769)
if they dont have the database, they wouldnt even know if the order # u gave them is legitimate. so give them a random #?

I'd have to give them something a little legit looking lol, but good point!