Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK1 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Ford focus winter car (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295792)

teamtos 08-21-2012 01:23 AM

Ford focus winter car
 
Well now that i am back in the cold aka colorado,I will need a winter car..I got a 2001 ford focus with 161k
It was dirty dirty cheap,The bad need right head light,front bumper and fender plus sway bar end links...with
oil plus Standard Maintenance....The car came with power window,lock,mirror and two fog all in working order
AC need recharge and came with sway bar stock.....
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...44491687_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...49232208_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...89719032_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...23081823_n.jpg

Now here what i have to install on the car ,SVT rear disc brake,svt shocks front and back,svt cluster,svt front sway bar
with svt end links,Eibach rear sway bar with new end links,eibach lowing springs,ebay cai,ebay head light,SS rear svt
brake lines.....

here are my other rides
Genesis Coupe 2.0T
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...22142272_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...37508756_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...33605350_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...94759712_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...32567758_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...42432869_n.jpg

2004 dodge 38 whp Srt-4
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...05420112_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...59724663_n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...71217811_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...91305778_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...71426824_n.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...95346404_n.jpg

teamtos 08-21-2012 01:33 AM

Svt brakes from a junk yard,took everything,the hub,hand brake line, had to cut one but no big deal,alll i have to do is bolt in and go
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...05257345_n.jpg

Black&Tan 08-21-2012 07:29 PM

That's a lot of work and money to put into a 160k miles winter beater, you're probably better off just throwing snow tires on it and fixing up the front bumper, then calling it good. I won't drive a focus in the winter without a good set of snow tires personally.

The SVT brake upgrade really isn't necessary unless you are tracking the car and have some pretty serious go mods. Drums are fine for street driving unless you are concerned about looks.

Skip the ebay header and CAI. Best header for this car is a used SVT header and flex. The stock SVT snorkel and intake box with a K&N drop-in actually outperform a CAI. I'd pull the header and the intake box and snorkel from the junkyard where you got the brakes.

And why drop a winter car?

I dunno... the mods you listed aren't going to make a whole lot of difference for the car except for the suspension.

teamtos 08-21-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black&Tan (Post 4316087)
That's a lot of work and money to put into a 160k miles winter beater, you're probably better off just throwing snow tires on it and fixing up the front bumper, then calling it good. I won't drive a focus in the winter without a good set of snow tires personally.

The SVT brake upgrade really isn't necessary unless you are tracking the car and have some pretty serious go mods. Drums are fine for street driving unless you are concerned about looks.

Skip the ebay header and CAI. Best header for this car is a used SVT header and flex. The stock SVT snorkel and intake box with a K&N drop-in actually outperform a CAI. I'd pull the header and the intake box and snorkel from the junkyard where you got the brakes.

And why drop a winter car?

I dunno... the mods you listed aren't going to make a whole lot of difference for the car except for the suspension.

The for your advice but these part where cheap,
Car 300
Brake swap from junk yard 100
Ss brake lines 137
Svt cluster 35
Svt shock and svt front sway bar with eibach rear sway bar 250
Tune up kit 100
eBay cai 24
Eibach lowing spring 130
Headlight 80...
I am doing all the work my self so no labour cost
spent bout a 1000 buck for a very good winter car....plus it's a 161km= bout 100'000
I am not doing any motor work,like keeping it stock..keep the good gas mileage ...

I wanted the car lower,I can ride around on stock height plus the Svt shock are good and had very low mile on them,the stock shock feel like they are going to blow soon..
.....Ps I Canadian and know bout winter tires and winter,the car came with winter....I luck out on this car

katiekay 08-21-2012 09:27 PM

[welcome] to FF! [ffrocks]

Nice winter beater! Any more SVT's at the junkyard that you went to? I am in Colorado and am always looking for things. If you need a front bumper I have a silver one with a small gash in it that I want gone.

jkennedy 08-21-2012 09:38 PM

When I had my 00 focus, it drove great in the snow. Tires had very good tread and weren't even winter tires. It did help that it was a 5-speed too, but I live on a hill and it was very good in snow.

BIMMERKID21 08-21-2012 11:23 PM

im in north dakota... im really interested in finding a set of svt rear brakes and killing the drums to put in rear discs... anyone know of good junkyards in nd, sd, or eastern montana to go look through... wyoming i'd even be willing to drive to..

teamtos 08-21-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyroinsa (Post 4316263)
[welcome] to FF! [ffrocks]

Nice winter beater! Any more SVT's at the junkyard that you went to? I am in Colorado and am always looking for things. If you need a front bumper I have a silver one with a small gash in it that I want gone.

Thank you....I got it from Florida,I was down here for work and had time to kill

BIMMERKID21 08-23-2012 09:02 PM

One thing I beg to have asked.. Why Quebec plates on er if u bought it in Florida and you live in Colorado... Something doesn't add up here

teamtos 08-23-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIMMERKID21 (Post 4319265)
One thing I beg to have asked.. Why Quebec plates on er if u bought it in Florida and you live in Colorado... Something doesn't add up here

Part are bought in Florida, I was in Florida for work and stop by a pick and pull
I am Canadian from montreal Quebec and bought the car in canada
I live in Colorado... dose that add up..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp