Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Those with Magnaflow's Exhaust System (Part #15072) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295525)

macatron 08-17-2012 01:40 PM

Those with Magnaflow's Exhaust System (Part #15072)
 
I'm VERY interested in purchasing Magnaflow's exhaust system for my SEL, but I wanted to get a little more info on it before throwing down the $$$. So far the only FF member I've seen with the actual Magnaflow system (non-custom) is VH5150, and he was even nice enough to post up a decent write-up with detailed pictures. Here's the link:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295099

With that said, I'd like to ask anyone with this particular system to please post up with their experiences with it. If you happen to have any videos or photos to post up, as well, that'd be even better! [race] From what I've heard from the Magnaflow website, I really love how this exhaust sounds, but I was hoping to hear a few other clips from the FF community to really sway my decision. [woot]

Thanks in advance for any and all help! [ffrocks]

macatron 08-18-2012 10:33 AM

Whoa, 154 views and absolutely no replies in almost 24 hours?!? Apparently VH5150 IS the only FF member with this particular exhaust. :-(

dyn085 08-18-2012 11:09 AM

There aren't many members that are running a 2.25" exhaust. They typically go with either a 2.5" exhaust or a custom setup (with some going after axle changes and some going cat-back).

meattooth 08-18-2012 11:17 AM

I can only speak from all the magnaflow muffler I've hear and used and the cutback on my 2003 corolla. I sold a ton of magnaflow systems off of people hearing that car. They are very deep and smooth sounding. There never any really harsh volume changes with their system. They are quiet inside the car but enough for you to enjoy a good deep clean sound with none of the poppy gurgling sound. That's the way it was on my corolla and eclipse turbo.

ShogunSamurai2005 08-18-2012 12:41 PM

Ive got mined installed earlier this week. Whole catback exhaust from Magnaflow. It sure gives my 2012 focus a good pull. I asked Magnaflow whats the HP increase on this. They said between 9-15hp. It got a nice purr low growl not too ricey or raspy. I can enjoy listening to music as well. Well worth it. Paid $470 for the whole kit. Big savings. [wiggle]

VH5150 08-18-2012 12:55 PM

What meattooth said--x 1000. If anything, it sounds a bit deeper "live" than it does on Magnaflow's website. I liken it to a stock late model STI, tone-wise; I really like it. Best part is that there is zero drone. I would imagine that it might get a little louder once it "burns in", but I'd be thrilled if it stays as it is now. I bought mine based on the video's sound, my past experience with Magnaflow, and the incredible deal that I got from meattooth. You won't be disappointed with this system.
MikeR

ShogunSamurai2005 08-18-2012 01:38 PM

Well said! I also noticed the tone getting a bit deeper after a few days. Just smooth.

macatron 08-20-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShogunSamurai2005 (Post 4311382)
Ive got mined installed earlier this week. Whole catback exhaust from Magnaflow. It sure gives my 2012 focus a good pull. I asked Magnaflow whats the HP increase on this. They said between 9-15hp. It got a nice purr low growl not too ricey or raspy. I can enjoy listening to music as well. Well worth it. Paid $470 for the whole kit. Big savings. [wiggle]

Quote:

Originally Posted by VH5150 (Post 4311401)
What meattooth said--x 1000. If anything, it sounds a bit deeper "live" than it does on Magnaflow's website. I liken it to a stock late model STI, tone-wise; I really like it. Best part is that there is zero drone. I would imagine that it might get a little louder once it "burns in", but I'd be thrilled if it stays as it is now. I bought mine based on the video's sound, my past experience with Magnaflow, and the incredible deal that I got from meattooth. You won't be disappointed with this system.
MikeR


Awesome!! Thanks so much for the info guys! I'm really looking forward to getting the exhaust now because deep tone with zero drone is exactly what I'm looking for. [headbang] An increase in HP isn't that important to me, but it's definitely a nice bonus! [hihi]

On a side note, where did you find your exhaust for $470 ShogunSamurai2005?[cheers]

macatron 08-20-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyn085 (Post 4311280)
There aren't many members that are running a 2.25" exhaust. They typically go with either a 2.5" exhaust or a custom setup (with some going after axle changes and some going cat-back).

Yeah, that's what I've been seeing, however, I'm not really looking to all out performance with this car. I'm primarily just looking for an nice deep tone with no rasp or drone, so the 2.25" piping may be the best be for me.

macatron 08-20-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meattooth (Post 4311293)
I can only speak from all the magnaflow muffler I've hear and used and the cutback on my 2003 corolla. I sold a ton of magnaflow systems off of people hearing that car. They are very deep and smooth sounding. There never any really harsh volume changes with their system. They are quiet inside the car but enough for you to enjoy a good deep clean sound with none of the poppy gurgling sound. That's the way it was on my corolla and eclipse turbo.

Thanks for the info. [thumb] I've been a big fan of Magnaflow products since using one of their resonators on my 2003 V6 Tiburon. After I put on headers and exhaust, the tone developed a little bit of rasp at the higher RPMS, and their resonator pulled it right back down to where I wanted it to be. Ever since then, I've been sold on thier products. And, judging from the videos on their website, they've figured out a way to produce a nice, deep tone on our Foci too. [headbang]


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.