Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ford Focus Purchasing Center (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Pretty Funny Deal (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295412)

Nik00117 08-16-2012 06:15 AM

Pretty Funny Deal

My buddy works at a dealership in GA, and well on Friday evening a customer walked into the dealership and he was a very well informed customer. He wanted to purchase a Chrysler 200. The guy had done his research very well, knew what the rebates where, and a fair price (he wanted a little bit better then a fair price)

So my buddy sat down with this guy and they go over the car, they do the test drive etc, the guy is not interested in finance cause he's going pay cash etc. They start talking price and the guy says he knows a fair price on the car is $20,700 but he wants better then fair, he knows their is still profit at $20,500 and that's his cash offer.

The offer was a fair offer, so my buddy took it up to his Sales Mgr who said he has to get more out of the guy (it was a cash deal). So he goes back to the customer and says "Look man, we need more on this deal how about we go to $20,700" customer waits for awhile and asks "So your sales mgr wants more money right?" to which my buddy responds "Yes"

So the customer says "I got a question, do you drink beer?" my buddy doesn't want to answer this but eventually he says yes (he loves beer). And so the customer goes "Me too,now second question does your Sales Mgr like beer?" and he goes "Well yes he does" so the customer goes "alright here's the deal, I'll pay $20,501 plus tax and title cash tonight on the spot, plus I'll go down to the local liquor store as your prepping the vehicle and buy you and your sales mgr both a 6 pack of beer"

My buddy looks at him and says "Are you serious" he says "Yes, your sales mgr sent you here to get more money out of me, so I'm going give him a dollar and a 6 pack, and you get a 6 pack too"

So my buddy went up to his sales mgr and said "Guy has offered us $20,501 plus a 6 pack for each of us" after some consideration, and the understanding that the transaction would be smooth it was done. Funds where wired, car was prepped and my buddy and his sales mgr got their 6 packs of beer.

Now that's what I call a cool customer :)

SteezMuffin 08-16-2012 08:19 AM

Haha good story to start my morning off

05focusST91 08-16-2012 08:34 AM

Like something out of a cartoon lol

LouBomb 08-16-2012 10:52 AM

lol that is just great.

imccrea 08-16-2012 11:34 AM

Golden is not too far away from my dealership and I sold a Coors employee a Explorer and when she picked it up gave me a 12 pk. She was A plan so it was very nice of her.

jpdavis 08-16-2012 12:31 PM

Awesome story lol!! All worked out in the end

matmatician 08-16-2012 03:32 PM

Ahhhh... The power of beer :P love it!

joesperformance 08-16-2012 04:08 PM

that is great...... reminds me of some past experiences, lol

Nik00117 08-16-2012 09:59 PM

I've had customers invite me out to dinner/birthday parties etc...Never gotten a 6 pack of beer though would be cool though :)