Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Any Nascar fans out there? Post Up... (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294452)

ukfan50 08-04-2012 02:58 AM

Any Nascar fans out there? Post Up...

[welcome]

I looked for a Nascar thread but couldn't find anything. Hopefully there's enough fans on here to make this a fun ongoing thread.

I'll start by stating AJ Allmindinger is a DUMB[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]! He ruined his career and a Penske ride all bc he wanted to take prescription speed medication that's cleary against the rules & he knew so! You'd a thought he would have had a little more respect for the sport and learned my that idiot Jeremy Mayfields mistakes.

Went to the Brickyard last Sunday and it was AWESOME, really a great race! Johnson dominated and is now a 4 time Brickyard champion. I'm not personally a "five time" fan but you gotta give the guy respect, bc he's talented as hell, a class act and great for the sport.

Dale Jr's in the points lead for the 1st time since 10/2004 (GO JR NATION), now he just needs to win a couple more races and hopefully he'll win the championship! If not him maybe Smoke will repeat?

Anyone going to the Bristol Night Race on 8/25? Will be my 3rd year in a row and THE best place to watch a live Nascar race; IMO of course. Hopefully my man Tony "smoke" Stewart pulls out a win at Bristol! That'll make my Bistol 2012 weekend all the more better!

So let's hear from all you Nascar fans...

hardSVT 08-04-2012 03:20 AM

The turn left sport gotta love it

02fordsvt 08-04-2012 07:00 AM

Just to get this out there early: Jr is way overrated. In 2004 (the first year I really followed the sport), he may have been worth all the hype, but now, he's just an average driver who gets above average exposure.

And yeah, I'd love to go to Bristol someday if in fact the new track does improve the racing again. I got a little boring the past couple years.

Sonic_HedgeHog 08-04-2012 07:59 AM

I'm a fan of car racing, including NASCAR. I have a number of issues with NASCAR, but it has it's moments too.

I was a JR fan until he went to Hendrick.

I am a Brian Vickers fan. I was a REDBULL Racing fan until they folded.

With that being said, I am very disappointed with AJ. How the hell do you throw all he had away? But, I digress...

So, discuss away... ;)

FocusSport13 08-04-2012 05:57 PM

Thats what happens when someone takes their career for granted and think they're above the rules.

Godzukidan 08-04-2012 10:52 PM

[nutkick] What was A.J. thinking? I wish I was getting paid big bucks to drive a race car. He will never be back in Nascar. Even if Nascar lets him in, there is not an owner that will take a chance on him. Besides he has never ran good enough to keep his ride.

As far as Dale Jr, go Dale go! I would love to see him win the championship. But that is not going to happen. And yes he is over rated, but I would still like to see him win the cup. But he can not win enough races this year to make that happen.
I am a Ford guy so that being said I think Matt K. is going to win the championship for Ford. And then go drive for the enemy [gunfire] toyota next year.

Also my pick for Pocono Carl Edwards. And I look for the Biff to run top 5.

02fordsvt 08-05-2012 06:27 AM

Go Roush. [race]

I was looking forward to watching AJ in a Ford again next year but that obviously won't happen anymore. I don't know who will be in the 22 next year, but I can almost guaranty it won't be Hornish.

felixthecat 08-05-2012 05:39 PM

The Biff & Kensith are the top Roush drivers, where Edward's

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godzukidan (Post 4292742)
[nutkick] What was A.J. thinking?>>>> HE wasn't<<<I wish I was getting paid big bucks to drive a race car. He will never be back in Nascar. Even if Nascar lets him in, there is not an owner that will take a chance on him. Besides he has never ran good enough to keep his ride.

As far as Dale Jr, go Dale go! I would love to see him win the championship. But that is not going to happen. And yes he is over rated, but I would still like to see him win the cup. But he can not win enough races this year to make that happen.
I am a Ford guy so that being said I think Matt K. is going to win the championship for Ford. And then go drive for the enemy [gunfire] toyota next year.

Also my pick for Pocono Carl Edwards. And I look for the Biff to run top 5.

Cousin Carl hasn't been doing great compared to the Biff Or Kensith.

felixthecat 08-05-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02fordsvt (Post 4292911)
Go Roush. [race]

I was looking forward to watching AJ in a Ford again next year but that obviously won't happen anymore. I don't know who will be in the 22 next year, but I can almost guaranty it won't be Hornish.

Wheres Hornish going?

Sonic_HedgeHog 08-05-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixthecat (Post 4293495)
Wheres Hornish going?

I think they are referring to the consensus that he's still not good enough for a high profile ride