Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus SVT (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   2010 - 2006 Seat Swap...possible? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293649)

06_infrared_zx4 07-25-2012 03:56 PM

2010 - 2006 Seat Swap...possible?

A guy i work with (01lariatcrew on here) has a 2010 sedan that he recently swapped black leather into, now he has his stock black cloth seats just sitting around.

Would it be possible to swap his black cloth seats into my 2006? My car does have side airbags like his, so i don't think that would be a problem. The issue is...will they even fit on my mounts or next to my console?

Has anyone done this?

I want rid of my grey interior bad!

06_infrared_zx4 07-26-2012 09:50 AM

128 views and nothing? Nobody has done or even attempted this? Looks like I'll be taking measurements today.

Notorious0ne 07-26-2012 10:40 AM

I will check tonight. My grandfather has a 2010 ill check to see if the rails are the same as my 05 cause i know when they changed body styles the rails may have changed.

mainest 07-26-2012 12:01 PM

I don't know whether the seat brackets are interchangeable between gen. 1 and gen. 2 Foci, I do know that the side air bags will be a problem. As I have said many times here, Focus air bags are model year specific. The 2006 SRS control module, beneath your center console, btw, is compatible only with 2006 model year SRS components. When I installed '03 SVT seats into my '05 ST, I had to swap the '05 side seat air bags into the SVT seats. In addition, I had to swap the seat belt buckle, and the pressure sensing switch in the passenger seat cushion which activates the passenger side dash (front) air bag.
Keep in mind that when the air bag light comes on, none of the air bags work.
Good luck.

Notorious0ne 07-26-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mainest (Post 4277411)
I don't know whether the seat brackets are interchangeable between gen. 1 and gen. 2 Foci, I do know that the side air bags will be a problem. As I have said many times here, Focus air bags are model year specific. The 2006 SRS control module, beneath your center console, btw, is compatible only with 2006 model year SRS components. When I installed '03 SVT seats into my '05 ST, I had to swap the '05 side seat air bags into the SVT seats. In addition, I had to swap the seat belt buckle, and the pressure sensing switch in the passenger seat cushion which activates the passenger side dash (front) air bag.
Keep in mind that when the air bag light comes on, none of the air bags work.
Good luck.

I could be wrong but i talked to a ford mechanic about the air bag light it just says that an airbag is unplugged I have recaros in my 2005 without the nifty sensor on the bottom on it and the light is on but he said it should still deploy, you just loose the feature of the weight sensing seat.

TriggersDawn 07-26-2012 01:16 PM

I'd like to know the answer too. I'd love to swap '10 gray heated leather into our hatch.

Front seats would probably work fine, it's the rears I'd worry about for the complete swap.

Notorious0ne 07-27-2012 07:18 AM

Sorry i didnt get out of work until late last night didnt have the chance to check i will tonight. I know for a fact that 2005 rear seats bolt into the 2004 rear in the hatch models.

Everything in your car should work fine when pertaining to the front. the 2000-2004 models did not have passenger side air bag weight detection. I have momo racing seats in my 2004 and i just had to take the seat belt buckle from the stock seats and plug it into the current harness. As for the heated seat option you are going to have to wire that manually unless you currently have heated seats.

In my 2005 i do not have heated seats but i bought recaros that do so i am going to just wire them through my fuse box and mount a switch.

so your last question is will the rails work for the front correct? is there anything else i missed?

06_infrared_zx4 07-27-2012 07:28 AM

Thanks for all the input. I was a little busier than expected on my day off and unable to measure the rails. I am worried about the 2010 backseat fitting into my 06, not sure if they're the same size/shape.

I really don't think the air bags will be an issue...if I get an air bag light I'll just hook it up to an IDS at work and fix it.

Notorious0ne 07-27-2012 07:51 AM

Its very easy to remove the rear seats in our cars. so i dont think you will have a problem.

Notorious0ne 07-28-2012 12:13 PM

By the looks of it the seats should mount up fine.