Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Rear view mirror droops, anyone else? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293596)

breakspirit 07-24-2012 07:06 PM

Rear view mirror droops, anyone else?

My rear view mirror droops. I'm just wondering if anyone else has this problem. Every morning when I get in my car, I have to adjust the mirror upwards a bit because it slooooowly droops overnight. I took it to the dealer today and they treated me like I was an idiot. All they did was take a picture of the mirror (which looks just like a completely regular mirror...) and said they'd call me. I don't expect to ever get that call.

Anyway, does anyone else have this issue? Thanks.

feta_mgp 07-24-2012 07:11 PM

Mine does too! I always thought it was just the way I was sitting being different, but no it definitely does this. Happens slowly so that I have to adjust it once every couple days, but it definitely happens. It's the auto-dimming mirror right?

breakspirit 07-24-2012 07:15 PM

Yeah I've got the auto-dimming.
For weeks I thought maybe I was just sitting differently each day. Then I realized that I ALWAYS adjust it up. It's definitely drooping. I'm kind of hoping that someone from Ford might see this and kick my dealership in the butt for being jerks to me today about it. They had my car for 8 hours only to tell me they couldn't (wouldn't) do anything about it and talked to me like I'm imagining it. I took a day off work today for that.

feta_mgp 07-24-2012 07:16 PM

Yeah all it would take is a tighter ball socket assembly to keep it from drooping.

Nick Markham 07-24-2012 07:17 PM

Wow!! I'm glad someone said this, I thought I was going crazy!!

breakspirit 07-24-2012 07:19 PM

I'm wondering if maybe I can jam something like some paper into the ball socket to tighten it up a bit. I haven't looked too closely at a DIY solution yet. I assumed my dealership would be able to handle it.

Some Guy From NY 07-24-2012 07:20 PM

just chiming in to say I have the same issue with my auto dimming mirror. Every few days I have to tilt it back up. Yes it is an annoying issue...but I can live with it.

feta_mgp 07-24-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY (Post 4274717)
just chiming in to say I have the same issue with my auto dimming mirror. Every few days I have to tilt it back up. Yes it is an annoying issue...but I can live with it.

Yeah it's a minor issue, but still inconvenient to have to readjust all the time.

breakspirit 07-24-2012 07:32 PM

I'm not willing to live with it, but I may be willing to fix it myself rather than having the dealership replace it.

I do have remote start installed on my car, which means the receiver is mounted on the mirror. Is this also the case with any of you? It hardly weighs anything, so I don't think it's the cause of the problem.

A-to-the-J 07-24-2012 07:33 PM

I don't have any problems with mine and I have a broadway mirror on mine.