Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus ST (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Focus ST HID headlamps delayed (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293329)

csvt2060 07-21-2012 11:28 AM

Focus ST HID headlamps delayed

The 202A (ST3) package that included HID headlamps is delayed until Q4 2012. Customers that have pre-ordered can either wait until the package is available or change their order to the 200A or 201A package.

Kabigon 07-21-2012 01:55 PM

It seems that most orders were for the ST3.
I suspect it's because the youngins' need those HID's.

Bimmer-Bob 07-21-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabigon (Post 4269628)
It seems that most orders were for the ST3.
I suspect it's because the youngins' need those HID's.

I'm 35 (not sure if that makes me a youngin' or not?) and would've gladly paid an extra $800-$1000 for OEM HID's for my SE if they were offered. And if I were ordering an ST, I think I would've definitely gone with the ST3, mainly for the HID's. As far as the aftermarket "HID" kits, not so much. IMO it's not about aesthetics whatsoever, but good OEM HID's are just so much better functionally than halogens, especially if you ever do any driving on unlit country roads at night. My BMW has xenon headlamps that are "adaptive" (i.e., illuminate in the direction of cornering) and boy do I miss them when I'm driving the Focus at night. YMMV, of course.

BlazedReaper 07-21-2012 02:20 PM

yea, that was announced on thier Ford Focus ST facebook about a month ago

TORQUERULES 07-21-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob (Post 4269654)
I'm 35 (not sure if that makes me a youngin' or not?) and would've gladly paid an extra $800-$1000 for OEM HID's for my SE if they were offered. And if I were ordering an ST, I think I would've definitely gone with the ST3, mainly for the HID's. As far as the aftermarket "HID" kits, not so much. IMO it's not about aesthetics whatsoever, but good OEM HID's are just so much better functionally than halogens, especially if you ever do any driving on unlit country roads at night. My BMW has xenon headlamps that are "adaptive" (i.e., illuminate in the direction of cornering) and boy do I miss them when I'm driving the Focus at night. YMMV, of course.

My 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 had adaptive HIDs.

Ox-y-GenIII 07-21-2012 09:33 PM

Could Ford just build a customers ST3 without the HIDs and then have them bring it to the dealership later to swap out? It's two screws, wouldnt take long at all. And they could resell the used lights to body shops for OEM replacement lights.

BlazedReaper 07-21-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ox-y-GenIII (Post 4270168)
Could Ford just build a customers ST3 without the HIDs and then have them bring it to the dealership later to swap out? It's two screws, wouldnt take long at all. And they could resell the used lights to body shops for OEM replacement lights.

i think that was asked on the FB page

no answer was given when i last saw

BlazedReaper 07-21-2012 09:47 PM

http://www.facebook.com/OfficialFordST

Kabigon 07-21-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ox-y-GenIII (Post 4270168)
Could Ford just build a customers ST3 without the HIDs and then have them bring it to the dealership later to swap out?

That would seem unlikely for any large company.

In any case, I would assume that (with very few exceptions) people would be willing to wait so it should be no problem for Ford.

Kabigon 07-21-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob (Post 4269654)
IMO it's not about aesthetics whatsoever, but good OEM HID's are just so much better functionally than halogens, especially if you ever do any driving on unlit country roads at night.

I've never had the experience of using HID's on a poorly lit road. I could imagine how they clearly would be better.