Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   My thoughts on mods (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292957)

FocusOnMeNow 07-17-2012 09:20 AM

My thoughts on mods
 
FS WERKS header, stealth exhaust, intake, aluminum flywheel, short throw shifter.

No suspension work yet. Good, bad, or different. Opinions? Good gains for a 2012 hatchback?

dyn085 07-17-2012 10:58 AM

There is a flywheel available?[scratch]

FocusOnMeNow 07-17-2012 03:07 PM

Flywheel through another company.

dyn085 07-17-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FocusOnMeNow (Post 4263052)
Flywheel through another company.

That's what I'm asking. Where?

FocusOnMeNow 07-17-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyn085 (Post 4263259)
That's what I'm asking. Where?

Oh. I can't access it through my phone. It's on the FSWERKS manufacturers page. I don't remember the company.

SterlingArcher 07-17-2012 07:35 PM

Don't see a flywheel specific for the 2012 on fswerks, though there is one for the mtx75. Not sure if it will match the GDI, though.

Personally, I go brakes > tires/suspension > drivetrain, just so I have the tools to fully exploit any power gains (and I prefer handling to speed). But with whats out now for the 2012, the power increase isn't going to overpower the current chassis setup. That being said, if you cruise through the dyno thread, you should get a good idea what kind of gains to expect with that setup, which will be noticable.

FocusOnMeNow 07-17-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SterlingArcher (Post 4263480)
Don't see a flywheel specific for the 2012 on fswerks, though there is one for the mtx75. Not sure if it will match the GDI, though.

Personally, I go brakes > tires/suspension > drivetrain, just so I have the tools to fully exploit any power gains (and I prefer handling to speed). But with whats out now for the 2012, the power increase isn't going to overpower the current chassis setup. That being said, if you cruise through the dyno thread, you should get a good idea what kind of gains to expect with that setup, which will be noticable.

I promised my girl I wouldn't alter the suspension because of the canyon runs here in Southern California. So instead, I'll alter the car mildly by doing the usual intake, exhaust, header, tune (when available).

I noticed a good chunk of horsepower gained with the setup. I want the torque mainly. Granted, this isn't a V8 however I still prefer it. Any specific header to go with this? Long or short?

SterlingArcher 07-17-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FocusOnMeNow (Post 4263520)
because of the canyon runs here in Southern California.

Curse you (jealous)!

I don't know much about headers, I've only been waiting patiently for bilsteins or koni adjustables at this point. Or the rumored FRPP handling kit that is supposed to drop this summer. I *think* only the shortys fit w/o modification. Search around, there have been a few threads on the subject.

FocusOnMeNow 07-17-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SterlingArcher (Post 4263537)
Curse you (jealous)!

I don't know much about headers, I've only been waiting patiently for bilsteins or koni adjustables at this point. Or the rumored FRPP handling kit that is supposed to drop this summer. I *think* only the shortys fit w/o modification. Search around, there have been a few threads on the subject.

I've been searching around. FSWERKS' header gives an amazing gain compared the F2 and Obx respectively. I think my car may be an exclusive FSWERKS product. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Should I get it all now or wait for a tune to be released?

Sonic_HedgeHog 07-17-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FocusOnMeNow (Post 4263520)
I promised my girl I wouldn't alter the suspension because of the canyon runs here in Southern California.

That is why you DO alter the suspension. You can only push the stock stuff so far, even with the stock horsepower.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 PM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp