Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Klutch noise Focus 2012 standard (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292871)

klotche 07-16-2012 07:19 AM

Klutch noise Focus 2012 standard
 
Okay.... I would like to know if anyone had or has this issue...
I have a ford focus 2012 SE sedan with cruise control package
From now on, what i noticed is that when I push the klutch pedal and engage the next gear, At the moment I release the Klutch pedal I hear this annoying noise, like a loud "KLOK" everytime I go from 1st to 2nd speed, and from 2nd to 3rd....

Could anyone help me on that...

Looks like the problem isn't always present also....
By the way, I never go over 3500 RPM..... -_-'

I love my car, but this is the only thing that is getting on my nervs somehow..
I have to raise the volume of my radio to cover it, or else I rage after it....[?|]

When you drive near pedestrian and shift next to them... they hear this annoying sound, and I feel like my car worth crap...[paranoid]

BetaDnB 07-16-2012 07:25 AM

Sounds like you're dropping the clutch.

klotche 07-16-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetaDnB (Post 4260928)
Sounds like you're dropping the clutch.


I am not.... even when I take 20 seconds to release the Klutch... it gives the same problem

Elizabeth 07-16-2012 08:52 AM

Does the car 'lurch' or jerk when you hear the noise?
IF not then:
My first thought is your bottom rear engine mount is gone or failed. (i am not certain those words are the exact right combination of words offically used, but it IS the engine mount, and it is at the bottom)
So the engine is 'loose' enough to clunk around.
(If the mount is broken or loose, the engine WILL move around no matter how easy or hard you shift/clutch.
((If it IS the mount, you should be able to hear the issue if in say first gear (stay in gear), running at say 15mph then let off gas for two seconds, then hit gas hard. CLUNK should follow. ))

So IMO your bottom/rear engine mount is loose or broken.
This is a known issue (so i have read, anyway)
It will not harm your car at all if you get it fixed.
So do not worry about if it caused some 'other' permanent damage.
But it should be looked at.

klotche 07-16-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 4260992)
Does the car 'lurch' or jerk when you hear the noise?
IF not then:
My first thought is your bottom rear engine mount is gone or failed. (i am not certain those words are the exact right combination of words offically used, but it IS the engine mount, and it is at the bottom)
So the engine is 'loose' enough to clunk around.
(If the mount is broken or loose, the engine WILL move around no matter how easy or hard you shift/clutch.
((If it IS the mount, you should be able to hear the issue if in say first gear (stay in gear), running at say 15mph then let off gas for two seconds, then hit gas hard. CLUNK should follow. ))

So IMO your bottom/rear engine mount is loose or broken.
This is a known issue (so i have read, anyway)
It will not harm your car at all if you get it fixed.
So do not worry about if it caused some 'other' permanent damage.
But it should be looked at.

Very usefull, More than thank you !
I'll give you news as soon as I have some (17500 kilometers.. have to set a visit to the dealer for maintenance... I'll tell them about the problem)

klotche 07-24-2012 07:32 PM

Bump[paranoid]

jpolk84 07-25-2012 05:28 PM

Do you hear this up front or the rear? I get a bit of a klunk in the rear when going from 1-2 and 2-3 on occasion. The dealer couldn't duplicate it, though.

klotche 07-25-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpolk84 (Post 4276332)
Do you hear this up front or the rear? I get a bit of a klunk in the rear when going from 1-2 and 2-3 on occasion. The dealer couldn't duplicate it, though.

This noise comes from the front for me ... it really looks like a metal part is moving somewhere (maybe the engine mount like said up there)
but I really believe it's a kluth or gear problem ..
help please

feta_mgp 07-25-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klotche (Post 4276470)
This noise comes from the front for me ... it really looks like a metal part is moving somewhere (maybe the engine mount like said up there)
but I really believe it's a kluth or gear problem ..
help please

If your car drives normally and all you hear is a clunk when you release the clutch pedal, it's most likely your rear motor mount (or RMM as you may have seen it written around here). You have a few alternatives, you can either get Ford's replacement, or if you want a more stiff mount (you'll have some vibrations with it, but no more clunking for sure) you can always buy a solid RMM for a Mazdaspeed 3, or the stock Mazdaspeed 3 mount will be more sturdy than the stock Focus mount as well.

Just a few options for you to consider. If you're still having the problem and haven't had it looked at yet... GO GET IT LOOKED AT, it's a new car with a WARRANTY so use it!!!

klotche 08-13-2012 01:34 PM

I realise that i can hear this noise also when I brake (sometimes...)
I found a way to hear that noise at all time:
staying in first gear, i release the klutch pedal to the friction point, than I push back on the pedal... you do this like 4-5 times, and at all time you release klutch pedal I hear a "clunk"


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp