Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Random Thread of Gaming Randomness (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292802)

mix1983 07-15-2012 02:56 AM

Random Thread of Gaming Randomness

I think this thread definitely needs to exist. If anything, for me. I'm a junky, and I always have some kind of news to share.

This thread can be used for anything gaming. Got a new controller today? Share. Got a RROD or YLOD? Share. Got a specific moment in a game you just have to share (no spoilers)? Share. Got a strange sensation when you pee? Doctor, now.

mix1983 07-15-2012 02:59 AM

Now that that's done.

I sold my Motorola Photon today and used some of the money to buy a set of Sony's own wireless surround headphones for the PS3. They just rock. They're huge, though.

Sound-wise, though, pure awesome. I've already tested them with a game (COD: Black Ops), a Bluray and tons of music.

Best part, I can walk around my apartment and still listen. Go grab a beer, inevitably go take a piss. Music the whole time.

Chris_HT 07-15-2012 05:18 AM

are you... that guy?

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Tom-E09 07-15-2012 02:19 PM

im seriously laughing my ass of right now!!!!

mix1983 07-15-2012 02:19 PM

You know that's an act, right? He does it to be funny.

mix1983 07-15-2012 04:26 PM

Tom-E09 07-16-2012 09:01 PM

lol yes... still mad eme laugh my ass off.

mix1983 07-17-2012 05:12 PM

Yeah his one about Mass Effect 3 is funny. Its weird when you see a video of him acting normal.

Duhamel 07-24-2012 09:04 PM

Last week I picked up a Steel Series Sensei mouse. I messed with the acceleration settings and now I can move slowly and it's fine, but if I have to whip around/180 I can flick the mouse and do it. It was something that took some tinkering, but now i have it setup to my liking.

Also picked up a pair of Steel Series 7H USB headphones. They're pretty damn nice. Sound in games is amazing. Music is also good, but these were made to be best in game. They also do a great job cancelling background noise. I didn't use the included usb "sound card", I found the sound was odd when played through the usb attachment.

Damnit, why'd you make this thread! ;) Just kidding.....

I picked up a new video card.... a GTX570....I absolutely love this video card....nuff said.

And, last but not least, grabbed a new case. I bought the CoolerMaster HAF 922. I like my gear running cool. And with it, lol, I bought a CoolerMaster TPC 812 CPU cooler, what a beast! My pc now runs at about 2 degrees (celcius) above ambient :) I have my fx4100 cpu oc'ed to 4.5 Ghz, stable, even under load.

Next is a new PSU and SSD drive, soon to come.

Duhamel 07-24-2012 09:11 PM

I had some extra money kicking around. I would have spent more on the car, but a few eeks ago I broke my ankle, pulled tendons in it and sprained it severely.... and it was my right foot :( Good thing I have an auto trans, for once I was glad.

Word to the wise.... 5 shots of marshmallow and whipped cream vodka don't mix well with about 10 beer. I tried to jump over a fire pit, lol. The jump went great! .... but the landing.... not so great.