Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Ford Escape (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292445)

Pennut 07-10-2012 05:03 PM

Ford Escape

I'm not an SUV person, but the new 2013 Escapes are pretty sharp. Of course it's really more crossover than SUV since it uses a modified Focus chassis. Even looks like a Focus in it's exterior and interior design cues. The steering wheel and the gauge cluster to name a few is the same as the Focus. One color I really like is the green called Ginger ale. When I was vacationing in California in June, a guy at the hotel had a Escape rental in that color. The brochures and Fords website do not do the color justice as neither have the shade correctly as it looks in reality. If this color would've been available on the Focus, I would've chose it. Kinda ironic too that the 1.6L ecoboost is available in the escape but not on the Focus. Whats up with that Ford?

PratoN 07-10-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pennut (Post 4252465)
Kinda ironic too that the 1.6L ecoboost is available in the escape but not on the Focus. Whats up with that Ford?

They hate us.

craigsfocus 07-10-2012 05:13 PM

I got passed by a White one this afternoon. Good looking crossover, probably the best looking one on the market right now, I am a little biased though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PratoN (Post 4252467)
They hate us.

LOL!

SkyPilot 07-10-2012 05:20 PM

looked at them last week while i was shopping for my new focus. Very sharp indeed, i think the back end looks a little funny, but the power liftgate is awesome! also there is more space in the back 1cu/ft with the seats up and 3cu/ft more with them folded. Hopefully this will be a homerun just like the first escape was

Cylander 07-10-2012 05:36 PM

I'm thinking of getting an Edge and giving my Focus to my wife. I have a 2002 Aztek that has over 200k miles. May be time to put it to pasture.

dyn085 07-10-2012 05:38 PM

It should have been put to pasture 10 years ago...[vommit]

Cylander 07-10-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyn085 (Post 4252515)

Why? It's a good running car. It also has lots of room.

WizardSkills 07-10-2012 05:50 PM

Let's be honest, while the styling of the previous-gen Escape was great when it debuted, it has since become long-in-the-tooth and in dire need of a re-vamp.

I think the new model looks great; though my g/f disagreed when we pulled up next to one of the road last weekend....to each their own I guess.

Hopefully the Focus will get the 1.6 ecoboost soon enough.

WizardSkills 07-10-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyn085 (Post 4252515)

Aztec's have gotten a lot of flak ever since they came out, but come on they weren't that bad and were indeed pretty handy.

Yes, the styling left something to be desired, but at least they weren't bland...[scratch]

dyn085 07-10-2012 06:00 PM

I just didn't like the Aztec styling, that's all.

As for the new Escape, I'm really torn on them. Going down the road, they are super like awesome. But last week I went to see them in person while getting my oil changed, and it just wasn't the same...I couldn't wrap my head around all of the angles. It seemed...over-angular. I did really like the interior, but it's difficult not to when you have the Focus...