Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Forced Induction (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   3 different turbo kits. Which one? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291113)

fbarcenas 06-24-2012 11:51 PM

3 different turbo kits. Which one?
 
I found 3 different turbo kits for converting a non 2.0 zetec to a zetec turbo. Which kits does the forum recommend?[scratch]

GO.army.1969 06-25-2012 02:31 AM

you should list the kits lol

whynotthinkwhynot 06-25-2012 05:02 AM

Moved to Zetec Performance Forum. Ford Focus Technical Chat is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls. Thanks for posting!

fbarcenas 06-25-2012 09:00 AM

http://forums.focaljet.com/top-speed...turbo-kit.html

http://www.fswerks.com/zetec-turbocharger.htm

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Z...---DIY_608.jsp

PumkinSvt 06-25-2012 10:29 AM

Top speed


Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile

fbarcenas 06-25-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PumkinSvt (Post 4230180)
Top speed


Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile

Thanks. Do you know if this will negatively affect emissions testing? It would kinda suck to do this and never be able to drive it on the street again.

ViperThreat 06-25-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbarcenas (Post 4230189)
Thanks. Do you know if this will negatively affect emissions testing? It would kinda suck to do this and never be able to drive it on the street again.

It depends on your local laws whether or not it will be accepted, you will need to research that yourself, but on the whole, yes it will affect emissions.

drostedrummer89 06-25-2012 10:42 AM

it will pass if it's tuned right and has catalytic converters installed, depending on your state's inspection rules. but a cat is going to majorly affect performance.

matt

fbarcenas 06-25-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drostedrummer89 (Post 4230200)
it will pass if it's tuned right and has catalytic converters installed, depending on your state's inspection rules. but a cat is going to majorly affect performance.

matt

well, you could put a large cat right? To get better flow? There have to be some aftermarket highflow cats that are just as effective.

ViperThreat 06-25-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbarcenas (Post 4230241)
well, you could put a large cat right? To get better flow? There have to be some aftermarket highflow cats that are just as effective.

There are some out there, but whether or not they are as effective is the big question.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp