Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Ignition barrel with no led! (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290680)

ic0der 06-19-2012 03:15 PM

Ignition barrel with no led!

Hello Fanatics!

My Focus ignition barrel came with no led. I guess this is Fords standards[mad]. I have to struggle every day trying to plug that thin key in.[:(!]

Any of you thought about installing one ? And how hard is it? I looked on eBay and didn't find any for the new Focus.

Thanks!

UPDATE: found these but not for the 2012 model. Do you think it will fit ?
Link: HERE

A-to-the-J 06-19-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ic0der (Post 4221680)
Hello Fanatics!

My Focus ignition barrel came with no led. I guess this is Fords standards[mad]. I have to struggle every day trying to plug that thin key in.[:(!]

Any of you thought about installing one ? And how hard is it? I looked on eBay and didn't find any for the new Focus.

Thanks!

UPDATE: found these but not for the 2012 model. Do you think it will fit ?
Link: HERE

give it a shot. I'd buy one if it did fit.

zetecDon 06-19-2012 03:34 PM

Try using a small flash light on your keychain. Personally, I have never cared nor bothered with those stupid rings since I can manage to plug a key in without having my path lit and guided for me.

ic0der 06-19-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetecDon (Post 4221708)
Try using a small flash light on your keychain. Personally, I have never cared nor bothered with those stupid rings since I can manage to plug a key in without having my path lit and guided for me.

Does not sound practical to me [idea]
It really bothers me. It takes at least 6-15 secs to plug the key. That night I was with my friends and I looked really stupid. [hihi] Maybe because I'm still a fresh owner of a Focus. Maybe!

BetaDnB 06-19-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetecDon (Post 4221708)

You apparently haven't driven the 2012 in the dark. [nutkick]

OP, this is one thing that bothers me too. I've had mine for a couple weeks shy of a year. I always lean over to look around the steering wheel when putting the key in the ignition. I'd hate to scratch up everything. Whether those rings will fit or not, I don't know. Don't the models with the ambient lighting have LED rings?

ic0der 06-19-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetaDnB (Post 4221738)

OP, this is one thing that bothers me too. I've had mine for a couple weeks shy of a year. I always lean over to look around the steering wheel when putting the key in the ignition. I'd hate to scratch up everything. Whether those rings will fit or not, I don't know. Don't the models with the ambient lighting have LED rings?

I do this every time I ride mine when it's dark [scream] Regarding your question, Unfortunately it does not.

BetaDnB 06-19-2012 04:47 PM

The strange part is it's like they built it to have a ring light. They just forgot to put it in.

ic0der 06-19-2012 05:07 PM

I noticed the lit gap first time I drove the car!

By the way, I Just contacted the seller on ebay about fitting it on the new 2012 model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetaDnB (Post 4221822)
The strange part is it's like they built it to have a ring light. They just forgot to put it in.

zetecDon 06-19-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ic0der (Post 4221734)
Does not sound practical to me [idea]
It really bothers me. It takes at least 6-15 secs to plug the key. That night I was with my friends and I looked really stupid. [hihi] Maybe because I'm still a fresh owner of a Focus. Maybe!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetaDnB (Post 4221738)

It's not that difficult if you think about it. What did you do in cars before they had the area around the ignition lighted? I have several cars and never seem to have the trouble of finding the ignition point at all. I can go to any of my vehicles in absolute darkness and find the ignition in less than a second. And yes, I have driven the 2012 models already and still didn't have any problems.

BetaDnB 06-19-2012 05:23 PM

Well pat yourself on the back then. Whether you find it easy or not isn't what the thread is about. The problem I personally have is there are no defining features to help guide you, which any other car I have driven has had.