Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Steeda Lowering Springs (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290642)

Bwill9886 06-19-2012 09:11 AM

Steeda Lowering Springs

Just noticed these on their site. Pretty sure they just put them up.

http://www.steedafocus.com/parts/ste...g-springs.html

Was hoping to check their site and find that the FSB was finally available, which would have made me squeal like a girl (DON'T JUDGE ME!), but my hopes were dashed.

Anyone got plans to try them out? For 50 bucks more than the Pro-Kit, I would hope they offer some sort of advantage. They do offer a slightly lower drop in the front and apparently reduce understeer.

I was planning on the Pro-kit or some MS3 springs but if enough people recommend these or if no one has tried them by the time I decide to add a drop, I might give them a try and possibly be the guinea pig.

dyn085 06-19-2012 10:04 AM

Isn't there enough rake in the sedan to start with? It must be leveling with the body panels. I'm curtis to see what it looks like installed...

faridk89 06-19-2012 10:37 AM

Would live to see them installed on a car

PratoN 06-19-2012 10:46 AM

I would totally buy these (or any other brand, really) if I didn't get the Ti Focus... but having paid more for the car, I really can't justify putting any more money into her until she's paid off.

I wish I had bought an SE [:(]

dyn085 06-19-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PratoN (Post 4221287)
I would totally buy these (or any other brand, really) if I didn't get the Ti Focus... but having paid more for the car, I really can't justify putting any more money into her until she's paid off.

I wish I had bought an SE [:(]

I feel your pain, yet lack your discipline...[:)]

_RED_ 06-19-2012 11:15 AM

I may be picking these up in the next day or so. So I will let you all know [thumb]

Maybe get them and install them over the weekend lol

I Bleed Ford Blue 06-19-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PratoN (Post 4221287)

Don't worry about it, I modified my truck the day I brought it home (the wife thought I was nuts) and it was 36K sticker, but i only paid 29.5K for it. I also had a 89 5.0L mustang I bought new that I ripped the engine apart that night to put in a cam and aluminum heads.

Don't think of it as a new car that you paid X amount for, think of it as a blank canvas just waiting for you to apply your brush strokes to make it your own. [cheers]

PratoN 06-19-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Bleed Ford Blue (Post 4221322)
Don't worry about it, I modified my truck the day I brought it home (the wife thought I was nuts) and it was 36K sticker, but i only paid 29.5K for it. I also had a 89 5.0L mustang I bought new that I ripped the engine apart that night to put in a cam and aluminum heads.

Don't think of it as a new car that you paid X amount for, think of it as a blank canvas just waiting for you to apply your brush strokes to make it your own. [cheers]

lol, true - but I do have bills... >.<

EDIT: I'm also afraid my car will scrape the ground on driveways and stuff. Also, the streets around here are horrid - not to mention the harsh 18"s that are already on my car. I really just want it for the looks... and marginal increase in gas mileage (I know, I have a problem...)

dyn085 06-19-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDFOCZ (Post 4221316)
I may be picking these up in the next day or so. So I will let you all know [thumb]

Maybe get them and install them over the weekend lol

And they will be blue...[unsure]

_RED_ 06-19-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyn085 (Post 4221345)
And they will be blue...[unsure]

lol that would be funny