Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fanatics: AZ, NV, NM (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Albuquerque and NM tech days (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290410)

Sniperx 06-15-2012 10:36 PM

Albuquerque and NM tech days

I am also on a motorcycle board where we all own BMW Airhead motorcycles. Old BMWs that is. Every month or so we have a member who sponsors a Tech Day at his house. We all show up and help whoever needs technical help, or help installing something or just doing maint. How about we start this here for FF members in NM if everyone is up for it? That way when someone gets suspension or exhaust or whatever, those of us who have done it can lend a hand bring an extra floor jack or old parts the new person might need.

I have a bunch of good tools and a couple floor jacks, shop compressor and stuff so am in if you guys are. My only trouble is I live way up in the mountains and have to work on cars in my driveway on carpet!

I also have a good ODB reader and such as well and know a lot about DC electronics and stereo installation.

speedracer ZX3 06-17-2012 01:11 PM

I'm down. I know that I probably couldnt due to the fact its my parents house and we have a escalade in the drive way/garage 75% of the time. We have tools though i wouldnt mine helping or bringing tools. I know Casey lives at an apartment complex, but maybe his parents house? I know James dads house is a great place. We did my exhaust yesterday. Dad has a lot of tools, know how, and plenty of space, but probably doesnt want to do it too many times a month. Im down though. Great Idea Kevin.

Sniperx 06-17-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedracer ZX3 (Post 4218484)
I'm down. I know that I probably couldnt due to the fact its my parents house and we have a escalade in the drive way/garage 75% of the time. We have tools though i wouldnt mine helping or bringing tools. I know Casey lives at an apartment complex, but maybe his parents house? I know James dads house is a great place. We did my exhaust yesterday. Dad has a lot of tools, know how, and plenty of space, but probably doesnt want to do it too many times a month. Im down though. Great Idea Kevin.

I live on ten acres of land in the east mtns but have a gravel driveway and a shed full of tools. We can do them here once a month or so or if someone needs it bad to get up and running for work. We will need to find some large carpet for the ground and can all pitch in and clear a work area then do them here all the time as needed. Not only will this help those who can't afford or don't want to afford to have this stuff done, but will be fun and a great learning experience for all. Shoot, I need to do a suspension and we can all meet here do a BBQ and do my suspension when I get the parts.

When we do BMW bikes it is often that as many as 20 people show up for the tech day. It is always fun and everyone pitches in for the meat and stuff and we BBQ it so we can do that as well.

Sonic_HedgeHog 06-17-2012 08:51 PM

Good idea

Sonic_HedgeHog 06-20-2012 10:18 AM

Another thought... One of the members here in Albuquerque has a shop. I wonder if he'd be willing to let us meet up there every once in awhile after hours or on days he's not open...? A lift would make life better [thumb]

speedracer ZX3 06-20-2012 10:24 AM

^ Who has a shop?

Sniperx 06-20-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog (Post 4223072)
Another thought... One of the members here in Albuquerque has a shop. I wonder if he'd be willing to let us meet up there every once in awhile after hours or on days he's not open...? A lift would make life better [thumb]

Even if he charged a little for lift time....but yeah for sure. I drastically need to get my Dinan 535i on a lift and inspect the bushes and such before a parts order and then again after getting said parts to install them. I'd only need about an hour. And on the lift for stuff like suspension and exhaust installs YEAH! I'd even be willing to pay a lift rental fee if it were not too expensive. I am surprised there isn't a place that specializes in that here anymore. There used to be a place by San Pedro and Central that rented lift time.....In case anyone is wondering....here's a pic of my 535i when I had the rear wing off of it.

http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/i...6b9d5265/l.jpg

Sonic_HedgeHog 06-20-2012 10:53 AM

Is that place off of San Pedro/Central not there anymore? I never stopped by there but I always thought it was a great concept. Nice car, for a Beemer ;) (I'm more of an Audi fan, if I had to go German)

Sniperx 06-20-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog (Post 4223129)
Is that place off of San Pedro/Central not there anymore? I never stopped by there but I always thought it was a great concept. Nice car, for a Beemer ;) (I'm more of an Audi fan, if I had to go German)

The place is still there but I am unsure if they are open anymore. I will try to google them or stop by since they are right up the street from my work. Tghanks and I like Audi too but LOVE BMWs. I have had 6 BMWs not including this one. It rocks, it has 210 rwhp and isn't that heavy and is so fun to drive because it is THE natural drift car as it is tail happy (but controllable) as hell!

Sniperx 06-21-2012 12:36 PM

I am gonna stop by that plcae today at lunch to see if they are still open....fingers crossed! [:I]