Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   svt head flow chart? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289950)

racerboy 06-10-2012 05:03 PM

svt head flow chart?

I was wondering if anyone has a flowchart for an unported svt cylinder head? I would flow one myself if I had a svt head, but I don't, and I don't want to buy one to just figure out it's specifications. I tried searching but couldn't find anything. I have Engine Analyzer Pro software, and I am trying to simulate the svt head. If anybody knows the port diameter and length, that would help as well.

Thanks

Brody

racerboy 06-10-2012 05:05 PM

oh, and while I'm at it, does anyone have the cam card for any of the zxtuner cams? (or any other cams besides comp cams or lunati. Those are already on the program.) I'd like to add those into the program as well.

iminhell 06-11-2012 12:47 AM

Try searching ST 170 for flow data.
The ZXTuner cams are unpublished, and actually they were ground for Esslinger by Web Cams. If you call them they can provide you with data. Just be sure to mention that it's a euro ST 170 (that's how it's listed in their system).
There are no cams for the SVT/ST 170 in your software. So don't bother looking.

racerboy 06-11-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iminhell (Post 4208553)

What do you mean by this?

Also, thanks for the info about what to search for.

1turbofocus 06-11-2012 09:31 AM

Most data on head flow that you will find will be more for selling there heads then useable data , the bad thng about the PC "how much HP will I have " doesnt take into account once you bolt a intake manifold , TB , intake pipe and filter , Header , CAT etc this flaws the entire system , I own a Dynojet Dyno and I beta tested a few of the PC/HP software out there and found them all to basicly be worthless

Just for the heck of it one day I have a 1.5L Engine making over 1000HP which would never happen on 93 fuel but it said it would

It said my Focus on stock cams wouldnt hit 500+HP as well but it did

If your using this to build an engine and with the plans of it making that HP/TQ you may be disappointed

Tom

AllOutZX2 06-11-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iminhell (Post 4208553)
Try searching ST 170 for flow data.
The ZXTuner cams are unpublished, and actually they were ground for Esslinger by Web Cams. If you call them they can provide you with data. Just be sure to mention that it's a euro ST 170 (that's how it's listed in their system).

Also some of Rob's later cams where custom spec'd by him through webcams, such as race cam, hi-torque II and high rev II cams were all later cams designed by him and not esslinger. I knew Rob well in the mid 2000's and bought alot of parts off of him including the first set of High Torque II cams.

iminhell 06-11-2012 01:39 PM

^Those where the ZX2 cams though. The SVT stuff was never published far as I know.

BTW, I have a set of the Web cams in my car right now. They seem to work well enough.

AllOutZX2 06-11-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iminhell (Post 4209273)
^Those where the ZX2 cams though. The SVT stuff was never published far as I know.

BTW, I have a set of the Web cams in my car right now. They seem to work well enough.

Didn't even know he made SVT cams. I had good luck with them too till I snapped one in half installing it, I've installed alot of cams but for some reason one regrind snapped during a re-install.

turbosvtfocus04 12-07-2012 08:36 PM

I know this is kinda old but I will have flow numbers next week. I will try to drop it off tomorrow but I don't know if I have time.

iminhell 12-07-2012 11:35 PM

Make sure to ask about how they do the flow process ...

Are they using clay and radiusing it?
Are they using a pipe?
What kind of vacuum (" of H2O)?

I have seen published data and I'm curious how yours will compare.