Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Cruise control issue. (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287972)

Russ9012 05-16-2012 10:08 PM

Cruise control issue.

Hey, just a heads up on an issue I am having,

My cruise control intermitantly fails to respond atall when trying to turn it on. I.E. I have no cruise control. Finally got it to happen today while the dealership was open so they could see the issue. They kindly took five minutes to scan the car right away so I could get to work on time, as of now im waiting to hear back for their findings.

Like I said, just mentioning what I think is a new issue, not by any means complaining about the car, I do love it.

zehkaiser 05-17-2012 09:08 AM

I certainly hope this is an isolated incident! I use my cruise control daily, and would hate for it to cause any problems. Hopefully they find a fix soon. Keep us posted.

FordService 05-18-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ9012 (Post 4169273)
Hey, just a heads up on an issue I am having,
My cruise control intermitantly fails to respond atall when trying to turn it on. I.E. I have no cruise control. Finally got it to happen today while the dealership was open so they could see the issue. They kindly took five minutes to scan the car right away so I could get to work on time, as of now im waiting to hear back for their findings.
Like I said, just mentioning what I think is a new issue, not by any means complaining about the car, I do love it.

Afternoon Russ9012,

Pleasure to meet you! [wave]

Great decision in taking the Focus to the local Ford dealer! I'm interested in knowing the service departmentís findings. Keep me posted, okay?

Take care!

Noemi

Russ9012 05-19-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService (Post 4172112)
Afternoon Russ9012,

Pleasure to meet you! [wave]

Great decision in taking the Focus to the local Ford dealer! I'm interested in knowing the service departmentís findings. Keep me posted, okay?

Take care!

Noemi

Why thank you noemi, pleasure is all mine.

Got an appointment to drop the car off on monday night, service guy getting me a rental while they check it out. So far I have to say the two ford dealerships I've used (jacky jonesof sweetwater, and larry hill in cleveland, tn) have always exceeded my expectations in terms of the level of service, ESPECIALLY jacky jones.

FordService 05-21-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ9012 (Post 4172683)
Why thank you noemi, pleasure is all mine.
Got an appointment to drop the car off on monday night, service guy getting me a rental while they check it out. So far I have to say the two ford dealerships I've used (jacky jonesof sweetwater, and larry hill in cleveland, tn) have always exceeded my expectations in terms of the level of service, ESPECIALLY jacky jones.

Afternoon Russ9012,

Fantastic! [thumb]

Ohhhh...what a difficult situation; sounds as though you have two great dealers to choose from! [:D]

Keep me posted on the results; I'll be more than happy to provide further assistance.

Take care!

Noemi

Russ9012 05-23-2012 10:54 PM

So they have had my car a few days trying to figure this out, apparently they tracked it down to a problem with the clock spring and are awaiting parts, I've been furnished with a rental the whole time so patience isn't a problem atall.

Russ9012 05-24-2012 05:01 PM

Got my car back, all fixed. Happy as can be.

AJ_BS 05-25-2012 06:23 PM

What exactly was replaced? I drive a ton for work and this happens easily once per day.

I have it on video because im sure the day i go to the dealer it will work fine.

Very annoying.

Russ9012 05-25-2012 06:26 PM

The clockspring was replaced.

AJ_BS 05-25-2012 06:27 PM

Ok thank you. I will have to look into that since I literally have never heard of it.