Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   SPI Performance (2000-2004) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Cylinder head!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287893)

murrayjay57 05-16-2012 03:08 AM

Cylinder head!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Anyone know where i could find a cheap cylinder head???? Trying to get it done before my valve drops. so if anyone is willing to help I thank you, :-) [poke]

TheGlassMaker 05-16-2012 03:16 AM

You posted in the wrong section bud. You need the SPI section. I would go with a junk yard that's where i'm getting mine at and just rebuild it. I know there is a member on here that used to sell them through ford already rebuilt but I dunno if he still does.

sleepyboy 05-16-2012 03:45 AM

Moved your thread for ya. Like ranger said look at the junk yards and get it rebuilt that way. Or buy one already rebuilt, just make sure that the seats have been replaced with ones that have will not fall out.

poppop 05-16-2012 05:26 AM

Ebay StoresClearwater Cylinder Head Inc. I have used several of these with no problems.

IA_Chiefs_fan 05-16-2012 11:36 AM

I bought my son an 01 SPI with almost 100k. I think I'll go ahead and replace the head now so the car is more likely to last him through college. I found two inexpensive options on eBay.

The first one is for a brand new aftermarket head and I'd have to move over the old cam lifters and rockers. Their ad says the aftermarket head is thicker/better. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2-0-FORD...ht_1681wt_1163

The second option is for a reman OEM head and includes everything so I wouldn't have to move anything over. The price is just under $300 either way I go. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-0-FORD-FOC...ht_1913wt_1163

Any recommendations from the resident Focus experts??

murrayjay57 05-16-2012 09:13 PM

Thanks guys ill look into it. You guys are life savers. [angel]

IA_Chiefs_fan 05-16-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murrayjay57 (Post 4169167)
Thanks guys ill look into it. You guys are life savers. [angel]

I've got the same decision to make so please post any updates in this thread. I'll do the same. Did you look at the links I'm choosing between?

murrayjay57 05-16-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 4169189)
I've got the same decision to make so please post any updates in this thread. I'll do the same. Did you look at the links I'm choosing between?



i think im going with this one because its already built.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-0-FORD-FOC...ht_1913wt_1163

poppop 05-17-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 4169189)
I've got the same decision to make so please post any updates in this thread. I'll do the same. Did you look at the links I'm choosing between?

Like I said Clearwater has so far sent me 6 replacement heads and I have had no problems.You can buy them with or without the cam and rockers but they all have the seats replaced.Bought one from the shop in Texas some of the machine work was not done as well.The shop in WV.does not like getting questioned.Good luck with the project.

IA_Chiefs_fan 05-17-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppop (Post 4169599)
Like I said Clearwater has so far sent me 6 replacement heads and I have had no problems.You can buy them with or without the cam and rockers but they all have the seats replaced.Bought one from the shop in Texas some of the machine work was not done as well.The shop in WV.does not like getting questioned.Good luck with the project.

I did take a look at that seller but their feedback rating isn't as good as the WV one and their prices are a little higher. Hmmm...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp