Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Technical Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Help with fog and break lights on RS focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28528)

baj 10-25-2004 09:36 AM

Help with fog and break lights on RS focus

Hi all i am new to the Focus scene so i am sorry if this has been answered before.
My friend is having a problem with the break and fog lights on his RS focus.
When the break is pressed the fog lights come on with the break lights. If you turn on the fog light the breaks come on too.
Does any one have any ideas what could be causing this. i have checked all the fuses and every thing seems fine.
He said that this happend a little while after fitting a new stereo. i have removed the stereo but it is still doing the same thing.

Has any one got any ideas or know where i can get wiring diagrams from?
Thanks in advance
Baj[thumb]

knightriderzx3 10-25-2004 09:41 AM

not really sure, but the first thing that i would check would be the fuse panel. look to see if there is something connecting the 2 fuses by accident. if not, take it in to the dealership.

cheers.

baj 10-25-2004 09:45 AM

I did sugest taking back to the dealer but he said it has been chipped along with other work and if he takes it back it would void the warrenty on the car. just wanted to see if i could resolve the problem before going back to the dealers.
I even removed the fog fuse but they still come on when you press the breaks.

knightriderzx3 10-25-2004 09:50 AM

take the chip out and see if that works. if so, get the chip re-burned. if you can't take it out, call the chip manufacturers and ask them if they've ever encountered this problem before.

baj 10-25-2004 09:53 AM

would the chip cause such a strange problem??? i am new to the ford scene but i would not of thought this would cause the problem.

knightriderzx3 10-25-2004 10:01 AM

well if the only thing that was done to it electronic wise was the chip, it would be a natural assumption. mind you i'm not sure if the ECU has anything to do with the lights. what happens when you pull the fuse for the brake lights? do they still work? what happens when you pull both fuses? the more things like that that you try, the closer you get to the answer.

baj 10-25-2004 10:03 AM

i will try and remove both fuses and see what happens. do you know where i can find some wiring diagrams on line???
Thanks
Baj

knightriderzx3 10-25-2004 10:11 AM

no, sorry i don't. but if i do, i'll drop you a line.

nilskje 11-19-2007 01:59 PM

By fog lights, you mean 2 at the front and 1 at the back? Or only the back , or only front.. Need to know to chk out the wiring diagram. Guess the stereo install was also an amp in the trunk? (shorted cables in trunk).

knightriderzx3 11-19-2007 07:46 PM

Guy, this post is 3 years old.