Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Autocross Racing (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Cop at the rack?????? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28398)

03performancezx3 10-23-2004 08:58 PM

Cop at the rack??????

Ok its a nice saturday and my dad decides to take the vette to the track. Along comes my friend with an srt-4 (previous post vette vs. srt-4 stage 1) and my other friends 2003 silverado ss wiht bolt ons. We get the track. pay for the passes and are ready to go. I get out of the car and head back to talk to the silverado ss to talk. We tells me that the camaro cop from our county is here........wtf?? I didnt believe and the next thing i know is that srt-4 and the cop are lined up ready to go. From what i have heard the camaro is a z28 with a chip. All this time i am in awwwww. I cant believe a damn cop car is at a drag strip. The camaro ended up running a 12.9. So much for having slow cop cars in my area. We also have a couple of newer mustang gts around here....suppose to have a chip and something else on it. The srt-4 ran a 13.3. truck ran a 13.9.......vette 13.06....with no work done. What kind of cop cars do you have in your area?????????[???:)]

badqat 10-23-2004 09:08 PM

Re: Cop at the rack??????

Quote:

Originally posted by 03performancezx3
Ok its a nice saturday and my dad decides to take the vette to the track. Along comes my friend with an srt-4 (previous post vette vs. srt-4 stage 1) and my other friends 2003 silverado ss wiht bolt ons. We get the track. pay for the passes and are ready to go. I get out of the car and head back to talk to the silverado ss to talk. We tells me that the camaro cop from our county is here........wtf?? I didnt believe and the next thing i know is that srt-4 and the cop are lined up ready to go. From what i have heard the camaro is a z28 with a chip. All this time i am in awwwww. I cant believe a damn cop car is at a drag strip. The camaro ended up running a 12.9. So much for having slow cop cars in my area. We also have a couple of newer mustang gts around here....suppose to have a chip and something else on it. The srt-4 ran a 13.3. truck ran a 13.9.......vette 13.06....with no work done. What kind of cop cars do you have in your area?????????[???:)]
Locally - 1 stealth Z28. Kentucky State Police run 8 Camaros. Louisville PD used to run Buick Regal Grand Nationals back in the late 80s, early 90s.

95% of the police cars in Kentucky are PI package Crown Vics, though.

I'd be interested to know if that was a "sanctioned" and "approved" use of a cruiser, though.

1sloho 10-23-2004 09:12 PM

Quote:

What kind of cop cars do you have in your area?????????

ones that pull me over and give me bullshit ass tickets!!!!!!

Egz 10-23-2004 09:12 PM

Its even more fun when they show up to an autocross.

http://homepage.mac.com/ogburn/.Pict...48919811D8.jpg

Its good to know I can outrun a police car....on an autocross track! [:)~]

RobsRedRacer 10-23-2004 09:40 PM

ummm....our cops have impalas, luminas, and crown vics (police interceptors and non p.inter.)....they do autocrosses at their inservice (retraining) routines...my dad's a cop and every year he has to drive in an autocross course to get "re-certified" for driving police vehicles...but yea the police camaro's arent ones to mess with...or the corvette's either

thrill5one6 10-24-2004 01:03 AM

in NY its crown vics and chevy impalas

bowersdaazian 10-24-2004 01:29 AM

At the Infineon drags here in Sonoma, they have cops come every wednesday in crown vics to promote track racing instead of street racing. The run really slow (the fastest being high 16's). Since its brakett racing they can win against you easily due to the automatic, but sometimes they just get completely different times to what they dail into in. The program works to an extent, but after every event, you always get people draging out into the highways and stuff.

Kicknzx3 10-24-2004 01:47 AM

lol nice, theres a ton of modified undercover cars here, newer ls1 z28's of course, durango r/t,and other various cars...

tunedfocuzx3 10-24-2004 01:52 AM

the only cop cars we get in iowa are the regular Crown Vic. PIs. I rode in one outside of Chicago, near Aurora one time, long story, but we got to go 105 in them, and talk over the CBs too. good time!

slammedfoci 10-24-2004 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by tunedfocuzx3
the only cop cars we get in iowa are the regular Crown Vic. PIs. I rode in one outside of Chicago, near Aurora one time, long story, but we got to go 105 in them, and talk over the CBs too. good time!

So do you ride in cop cars offten...................hehehehehe....J/K