Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fanatics: Texas (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Inspection question (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283407)

fhh02a 03-27-2012 05:33 PM

Inspection question
 
Hey guys,

i have an opportuinity to get a Long tube header for 60bucks. it would replace my header and cat. I just need to see if yall have one before i get this one. I dont want the inspection station to not pass me cause of no cat.
i know i would need a mil eliminator to cheat the check engine light. we dont have emission testing here...so thats not a big deal

SPRAYPAINT 03-27-2012 05:42 PM

Technically, yes, it should fail... There are some guys that do not check for the cat. Usually this is a part of the emission testing but I do not know about your area and not being an emission county.

fhh02a 03-27-2012 05:48 PM

i honesly think it depends on the shop

sleepyboy 03-27-2012 06:10 PM

Depends on the shop. Just don't say anything, honestly does each emissions tech know what a focus is supposed to look like under the hood? They don't care as long as it passes. If they give you any flak then take it somewhere else. Or you could at least ask them to run it through and see if it passes. With a MIL eliminator you can pass. I did for years and now I even pass with a tune.

fhh02a 03-27-2012 06:20 PM

Thanks yall

Blue5ive 03-27-2012 07:07 PM

Most of the places I've been and seen don't do a visual check for a cat.

fhh02a 03-27-2012 10:12 PM

here is my other option

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...204_094357.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...204_094458.jpg[/

SPRAYPAINT 03-28-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fhh02a (Post 4080023)
i honesly think it depends on the shop

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepyboy (Post 4080053)
Depends on the shop. Just don't say anything, honestly does each emissions tech know what a focus is supposed to look like under the hood? They don't care as long as it passes. If they give you any flak then take it somewhere else. Or you could at least ask them to run it through and see if it passes. With a MIL eliminator you can pass. I did for years and now I even pass with a tune.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue5ive (Post 4080125)
Most of the places I've been and seen don't do a visual check for a cat.

This is what I was trying to say without misleading him. I am a state inspector and could care less if you had a cat or not! All I care about is that there are no exhaust leaks and the computer is clear.

tukaniSVT 03-28-2012 09:01 PM

Well, with out a tune, it will throw a code on the 2nd O2 sensor.

So, if you decide to add this to your car and you want to stay legal, get a tune.

-Ray-

fhh02a 03-28-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tukaniSVT (Post 4082000)
Well, with out a tune, it will throw a code on the 2nd O2 sensor.

So, if you decide to add this to your car and you want to stay legal, get a tune.

-Ray-

Thts why I'm getting a MIL eliminator


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp